GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Do I have a cifas? Hellllp! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have a cifas? Hellllp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a cifas? Hellllp!

First of I would love to say after 7 days of pure hell it’s so refreshing to see sanctuary’s like this and see a real community spirit of people advising and helping each bravo!!!

so the story is Iam a business owner and we took a cash advance loan through our credit card terminal, I.E the loan company charges x on top of the money borrowed in interest and takes 13% of each payment we take through the terminal to get there debt back simple? No through covid we are a car sales business and had to shut to the public many and go on to virtualised and contactless delivery because of this our payments through our reader slowed down and because of Gdpr and other rules we made the decision to not take payments over the phone as we did not want to be victims of fraud.

we managed to still put payments through as much as we could. In November we started receiving emails asking if we was still trading bla bla bla because they hadn’t seen any payments for 7 days I told them on the phone we are trying our hard st but customers are on the edge because of the fact lockdown could still loom us, I ended up making the decision to shut for mot of December and start a fresh in the new year there was a gap of being out of the office for about 28 days. Soon our arrival going back to the office we discovered our account with the loan company had been sent to a debt collection agency. No problem we will sort this with them we was in contact with them from jan and upto today as we were still getting payments coming from our terminal to the loan company. How can this be if they have sold our debt? This might be a good time to say our loan was around 27,000 including and interest and the balance is only around 8,000 today and still decling

were this really take a turn is we had a company we used for a stocking facility secure trust bank they recently done a review on us so we can offer consumer finance a completely different side of there business. 7 days after filling out the application my account with them was closed when I asked them why they advised there was indication of a cifas marker on my personal name and company name from the loan company. I asked them information about this but they would not tell me. All they would say is they had contacted the company who advised they had out the marker on as a first party fraud because of non payment and no contact. I sent secure trust bank all docs to prove I had already paid over half of this loan and the only gap of no contact was December for the holidays. I showed them letters from the people who owned the debt advising payments had still been going to the loan company via my terminal and contact had always been communicated from me to the debt collection firm.secure trust bank decided to do review my account ect. Anyway they decided to close my account down but said this was due to the running of my account when I asked about why it says nothing about the cifas they just said taking the cifas out they still was not comfortable lol hold on your advised i had a cifas and this was the reason my account was on hold.???

I contacted the loan company who advised they hold no information for me as the debt is sold and cannot answer my question?

I have applied for some answers from cifas but during this I have applied for a new bank account with a high street bank which was accepted. I also have been accepted in principle and am nearly there for a new mortgage and also have still Been using my credit accounts ect I have called my business bank advised them if the situation who said they cannot find any notes ect to indicate we have a cifas. I have had no other company’s tell me we have one and have even had other lenders ect we use run a check.

my questions are does this seem legit?
    how can secure trust bank contact a loan company of mine and get information about how much I borrowed and owe ect is this not a breach of gdpr?

this is causing me so much heart break as I do not want my accounts to all of a sudden be frozen. How can this be a first party fraud if I had been paying and had already paid around 19,000£ there was no intent no to pay.

my views are secure trust bank found something they didn’t like and didn’t want to work with us so used this cifas as a smoke screen. Because even thou they have closed my account so we cannot access no more borrowing they have allowed me to continue to run my facility down. If we was a fraud issue why wouldn’t they shut us down collect there stock and take us to court for the balance?

So sorry for the long post and the winge. I just feel so confused.

Comment

contact quoting this thread for starters:- webmaster@all-about-debt-co.uk
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

have you checked credit reference agencies as Cifas logged there if in existence? sometimes a months delay before appearing?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi thanks got your reply. Yes I ran a check my file credit check on the 20th of this month around the time I was told this information and it shows as clear. And as I said I’m still able to use my credit accounts and open a new bank account.

Comment

Always make sure you have a "Parachute Account" to fall on so no creditors can tap your personal bank account within their group of companies.

Comment

also check expedia and the others maybe?

Comment

Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request -- ADJUST i.e:- DELETE THE LINE £10 fee ( No longer required since 2016) aslo amend the 40 days to read 30 get free proof posting keep copy on file and update diary. this should show up to dare information?

Comment

Yer exactly that’s why I have opened another bank outside the existing banking group. Just strange how the company that supposedly see this cifas said it’s on me personally and the company on one cifas. I would have thought and Iam not a expert but they would have to raise 2? And if I and the company have this why has no one else been in touch and how are we still getting credit. Just really strange. The company who see it and put our account on hold has sent a response email saying they have choose to get rid of us due to how we conduct our account no mention of cifas. And when I probed them they said taking the cifas out of the equation they have choose to do this. Hold on you said it was because of the cifas. And they are a bank and have allowed us to run the account down which mean we still have 90k of there stock but we cannot use anymore credit and once this is paid back that’s it. If we are such a risk for having this marker how are we being allowed to continue.

CRAZY!

Comment

Is your name in a fraud database? - a good source of information have a read. thanks to author for info:-

Comment

Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) | Credit Reference File

use this one keep proof posting also keep copies of everything. and update on here.

Comment

Yes I’ve seen this article very interesting and actually gives good information.

I don’t think I’ll make a dsar yet because of the company had put a cifas on me or my company they would have my previous address as it was taken out around 3.5 years ago and cifas ask for 5 years of address which they will then have my current address and if for some reason they add it on it might start showing to everyone. I know I’m very far fetched but this is a scary time and I’m so confused.

but this thread has been great to talk to someone as my mental health atm is not great so I will be posting my findings I feel there has been breaches of gdpr in my case, also some underhanded tactics even fraudulent on behalf of 2 company’s so I will be taking this further for sure.

thank you very much and if anyone else has story’s or any similar issues please let me know.

realistically all I care about is my bank accounts getting frozen. But I do have proof of everything so hoping it my bank does find something there be happy to listen to me before closure.

Comment

Working...
                        X