GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script credit searches by insurance companies - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

credit searches by insurance companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit searches by insurance companies

I just had an alert on my equifax account saying that on the 11/12/12 Admiral made a search on me.

I know they sometimes search when you do a quote , but I haven't done any searches for over a month and I have no products with them ( I'm on my daughter's policy with Diamond which is part of the same group).

So my question is why would they search now and should I care????

Re: credit searches by insurance companies

If they have your personal details from your daughter's policy they might be doing a search with a view to trying to sell you something.

It'll probably be an unrecorded search so other searchers won't see it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Is your daughter's policy due for renewal soon?

Comment

usually noted Money Laundering for some reason on some of the Insurance searches, makes you wonder if you are taking out Insurance what the laundering is? but mainly the entry states Insurance (Credit))
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15 December 2012, 12:02.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        usually noted Money Laundering for some reason on some of the Insurance searches, makes you wonder if you are taking out Insurance what the laundering is? but mainly the entry states Insurance (Credit))
        You can money launder though insurance policies in a couple of way. but I doubt the search was for that as I haven't applied for any credit with them!!!!

The thing that I find strange is the random timing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
          You can money launder though insurance policies in a couple of way. but I doubt the search was for that as I haven't applied for any credit with them!!!!

The thing that I find strange is the random timing!!!
          That is why I say if you take out insurance and the item states money launder makes you wonder what or how laundering is, ? and as I said the entry usually by Insurance company states (Credit)
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It could be a renewal search mate...? Have you ever got a quote from them in the past?

But regardless, it'll be unrecorded (enquiry) meaning no-one else sees it at it bears no effect on your creditworthyness
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              It could be a renewal search mate...? Have you ever got a quote from them in the past?

But regardless, it'll be unrecorded (enquiry) meaning no-one else sees it at it bears no effect on your creditworthyness
              Fair enough, I have had quotes before but the renewals are in July!!! I was just surprised at the randomness of it

Comment

Working...
              X