GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script When is a discount not a discount when it’s full price! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is a discount not a discount when it’s full price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a discount not a discount when it’s full price!

I purchase an item with a £200 discount on a display item, on arriving home with my purchase I realised that there was no discount. I had a leaflet from the shop at home with the price of goods on and realised I had paid full price. How can they say it’s been discounted when there was no discount?

I went back to the shop explained I had paid full price and there was no real discount for the good I had purchase, I did ask for a new replacement for the item I purchase at same price I had paid, they said they would give a £50 discount or money back.

Is there anything I could do about this?

Kind Regards

SeeSaw
    My Brains not in sycn leave me alone.

Re: When is a discount not a discount when it’s full price!

There are many reasons for different prices eg supplier discount, shorter warrant, generic price cut, volume purchase. The products may not be identical even if they look the same, eg newer chip in computer may bee cheaper, software may be different.

In law you have made an offer that was accepted. If you were deliberately misled there is recourse in law, but you would have to.prove the product you bought was labelled to mislead you
    The shop has offered money back or £50, did they say why?

Comment

The discount could have been from a "previously sold" price. The "sale" price just happens to be the same as the current price. For example, £200 discount from the original price of £1200. The orginal price is from 6 months ago, and the item has previously been sold at £1000.

Perfectly legal.

That's how I have read your post, though I am confused that you didn't realise how much you were paying.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi guys,
        1. Pick up leaflet in the shop, said item priced at £899.00, could buy on 0 percent credit in August.
        2. Same day item in shop label reduced to £899.00 from £1099.00.
        3. How can it have been reduced if it clearly shows the price as £899.00 in leaflet from there shop?
        4. I would happily pay the £899.00 for a new item, the fact I have been mislead has annoyed me.
        5. The £50 was offered as a good will, but it’s not about money now.
        6. I did not realise this until I was putting papers away, as I had not looked closely at the leaflet.

Kind Regards
        SeeSaw

Comment

As Oscar said it may have been the higher price earlier, plus the RRP may be the 1099, so it is reduced from that.

if you want to check speak to trading standards.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi guys I do understand what you say and makes perfect sense, but the leaflet was the managerfactors not the company’s leaflet if you know what I mean! I may not be making sense here please for give me.

Kind Regards

SeeSaw

Comment

Right I now understand! The argument could be that the discount is one that the manufacturer has given not the shop. I still think that Trading Standards are your best option as this could be down to 'the small print'.

Comment

Hi guys,
                I have checked the leaflet and its differently a price for the customer. When I first went into the shop and so the item I did ask if they had a new one which I would have paid full price £1099 but they had none in stock. I assumed, as that was the case the item had been reduced, as it was the last one.

I’m not looking for the discount as I have lost faith with the seller, to whom I would have had to take the item for a service, no its not a car it’s a Bick!

Kind Regards

SeeSaw

Comment

Working...
                X