GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SCS order problem! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCS order problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCS order problem!

Hi there

First post... wish I had found this site before I bought from SCS but you live and learn.

Here is the story.

Went to SCS on saturday 1/2/14.
    Found a sofa we liked but were unsure whether they would fit in our living room.

I rang someone back home to measure the room. Told the salesman, he drew a drawing out and showed us how the two sofas would fit easily. He even moved the sofas around the showroom and explained how there would be more than enough room. As the sale was finishing that day we felt a little obliged to order it there an then. As they only had one colour of this type of sofa in the shop and this was not the one we were wanting we were again a little unsure whether it would be right. He said dont worry you have 7 days to change your mind (which I took as being able to cancel or change etc).

We take the creation finance agreement out (doesnt ask for any ID off me etc).

We get home and I decide to start measuring out myself and laying string and tape on the floor to mark it out. Turns out that we would fit them in but only if they are completely touching and both walls. Therefore giving no room for anyone to actually walk round and sit on them. You would have to climb over the back to get to the seats.

We then rang up on Monday 03/2/14 to say that the sofas won't fit the room and we need to cancel them. They then told us that we can not cancel them as they are not stock items. We said that the salesman told us we had 7 days to change our minds. They said that this only means you can amend the order. I said well I wish to amend the order to a lampshade instead (being awkward I know) but they said the order still needs to be at the original value placed.

Now as I feel we have messed up here and are obligated to this order we have looked at other sofas on their site that should fit. The problem is the sale is now over. If we amend the order to find another sofa it would mean potentially putting a further £500 to get an equal level sofa.

Surely if they say I have to amend to the same value I should be allowed to make my choice on the value of sofas at the time of purchase?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

Any help is really really appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Re: SCS order problem!

You have 7 days cancellation period, a user had the exact same issue last week - I'll ask a mod to link to their thread.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Here----> Harveys Furniture Problem
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

There is also this one SCS PROBLEM
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
          Thanks that's the one mate.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            There is also this one SCS PROBLEM
            This is totally different mate, not relevant to this case as although it was SCS, we ended up passing this to preferred solicitor to finalise and resolve.

Comment

I searched for SCS - thought the one last week was same company. Deepie has either got a photographic memory or just too much time on his hands!

Comment

Thanks for your help.

The links you have put are slightly different to my situation. They had both received the sofa then were not happy with it.

I wouldnt actually receive the sofa for 10 weeks.

Can you advise whether I would have an argument if they don't let me cancel whether I should be able to amend to a sofa at the prices when I made the original purchase?

Thanks

Comment

The point remains you have a cancellation period so use it!! It was not a bespoke order so you need to get on top of things and cancel the order utilising your consumer right of cancellation as well as the finance cancellation period.

What part are you stuck on, then we'll try and help......

Comment

Working...
                  X