GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Postal / Phone Scam. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Postal / Phone Scam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal / Phone Scam.

This was going around last year, but it looks like they are trying again. Just saw this on the Web.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Post Scam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	1414572

Spread the word Folks some poor souls will get caught by this one.
    Personally I think the Telephone Providers should be held accountable for allowing these high premium rates. If they set a cap at say £20.00 then although it would still happen, folk wouldn't get taken to the cleaners.

Regards all, Handy
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Re: Postal / Phone Scam.

Many thanks for posting this, Handy. It is not the sort of thing which would catch me out, but the more publicity it gets, the better.

SH

Comment

They have this info up in our local post office as well!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I will keep reposting on FB every few days. That way word should spread. Trouble is it's probably the Elderly and non IT users that will get caught out.
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I will keep reposting on FB every few days. That way word should spread. Trouble is it's probably the Elderly and non IT users that will get caught out.
          Agreed, well done Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            This was going around last year, but it looks like they are trying again. Just saw this on the Web.

[ATTACH]6616[/ATTACH]

Spread the word Folks some poor souls will get caught by this one.
            Personally I think the Telephone Providers should be held accountable for allowing these high premium rates. If they set a cap at say £20.00 then although it would still happen, folk wouldn't get taken to the cleaners.

Regards all, Handy

Smells like an old scam, it rings bells?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

also see here

Postal scam email from Parcel Delivery Service
              Last edited by Turboman; 22 November 2012, 13:15.
              My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Working...
              X