Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

The Government is one of the biggest offenders of spam, I browsed the job pages of the direct.gov site last night and ever since I have been flooded with spam of job offers.

Re: Spam

Hi PF,

Were any of those jobs for bailliffs? Rossendales have at least one vacancy. LOL

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Nah m8 they where all emails from overseas the usual twaddle.

Comment

So you think direct.gov passed your email addy on to these people?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Rizzle well how else would my email be exposed, could be a coincidence I suppose there where also some from uk employment agencies who I have never registered with.

Comment

Pompey you use FB a lot, the links on peoples profiles are causing a lot of bother right now, mrs Niddys emails etc got "hacked" the other day - I blame clicking a FB link

Just saying, it could be almost *anything*

Direct Gov will not be selling data,
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You said they were all emails from overseas, so I was wondering if the direct.gov site has been hacked or is exposing the email addys people register in some other intended way?

If they have instead come from legit UK based recruitment agencies, then that would seem unlikely and direct.gov passing them on themselves more so.

EDIT: assuming that direct.gov is the source.
              Last edited by Riz; 3 November 2011, 11:09.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Where did you register exactly?

I might try with an email addy I don't mind being spammed, and see what happens?

Comment

BBC's "Wales Today" only yesterday featured the lack of security on tablets and Smart phones because people make assumptions. One of the easiest ways in for hackers said one security expert was via Facebook and secondly Twitter. He demonstrated the ease with which malicious hotpsots are set up which emulate WIFI. He used "Starbucks" coffee shop as one that is used by hackers to set up. Then they can actually get your e-mail and password.

regards
                  Garlok

Comment

I went to the direct.gov website and from there forwarded to the Do-It volunteer site where I registered to get the periodic update email.

http://www.do-it.org.uk/checklogon.do

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                      Hi PF,

Were any of those jobs for bailliffs? Rossendales have at least one vacancy. LOL

regards
                      Garlok

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                        Hi PF,

Were any of those jobs for bailliffs? Rossendales have at least one vacancy.
                        I doubt he'd qualify.

As far as I know, PF does not have a criminal record.

Comment

Working...
                        X