GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script commons debate on phone hacking - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

commons debate on phone hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: commons debate on phone hacking

Yes mate,

Its the story which comes up from the link in your own post number 98 above. He's having a go at Ed Milliband's Communications Director. I didn't know anyhting till I read that link.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

I understood that "Lord" Ashcroft was a tax avoider rather than a tax evader.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
        Yes mate,

Its the story which comes up from the link in your own post number 98 above. He's having a go at Ed Milliband's Communications Director. I didn't know anyhting till I read that link.

regards
        Garlok

I didn't mean a link to that Telegraph story, I meant any link to the other stuff in your post!

Comment

Yes in principle CC, but following the debacle of the IR35 court case a few years ago the bewigged buffoon in his twisted and biased judgement implied that all tax avoiders (perfectly legal) were now to be lumped in with criminal tax evaders then as now a criminal offence. Why should the judgment and ALL of its implications not apply to Ashcroft who has openly boasted of his tax avoidance and his false promises to bring all his affairs back within UK jursidiction if they gave him a peerage. Which he clearly has not honoured.

Until he does then my statements stand.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Hi Charity,

Ashcroft being a large donor to the Con party was given a peerage. He was well known for keeping his affars somewhat secret and offshore to be outside the tax jurisdiction of the UK. As this became known more publicly he gave an undertaking that he would bring his affairs back "onshore" and become a full legitimate tax payer. There were serious questions being asked round about the election time and just before if memory serves correctly because he had not it was alleged honoured this undertaking yet had not had the basic decency to relinquish his peerage and please note still has not.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              I understood that "Lord" Ashcroft was a tax avoider rather than a tax evader.
              For a masterclass in that discipline, allegedly NI's tax returns take some beating!

I'm sure I read that HMRC file them under 'fiction'

Comment

The more I read & hear of the characters involved in this debacle..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piW9M...eature=related

"Welcome to the hotel california
                Such a lovely place
                Such a lovely face
                They livin' it up at the hotel california
                What a nice surprise, bring your alibis"

Comment

New arrest in phone-hacking case

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/arrest-phon...141001353.html

Comment

Here's a thought - could Murdoch have been the Criminal Mastermind behind the riots, using the unrest as a form of camouflage?

Comment

Here's a thought - could Murdoch have been the Criminal Mastermind behind the riots, using the unrest as a form of camouflage?
                      Or some other persons, perhaps!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        Or some other persons, perhaps!
                        Do you mean that Jan Ludwig Hoch has teamed up with Shergar's trainer, Richard John Bingham?
                        Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 19 August 2011, 09:12.

Comment

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/mulcaire-su...170915002.html

The private investigator jailed over phone hacking for the News of the World is taking legal action against the newspaper's publisher News International.
                          Glenn Mulcaire, who was jailed for six months in 2007 for intercepting messages on royal aides' phones, has lodged papers at the High Court.
                          A spokeswoman for News International, which owned the now-defunct Sunday tabloid, confirmed the action was being taken, adding that "the claim will be vigorously contested"..............

Comment

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/phone-hacke...130047817.html

The News of the World investigator at the heart of Britain's phone hacking scandal has been ordered by a court to reveal who instructed him to illegally access voicemails, lawyers said.
                            Glenn Mulcaire, who was jailed for six months in 2007 for intercepting messages on royal aides' phones, has until August 31 to provide the information, which could be damning for executives at the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid.
                            Media law firm Schillings won the disclosure order in February at the request of actor Steve Coogan, who believes his own phone was hacked, but Mulcaire had sought to appeal.
                            However, the Court of Appeal has now refused him permission, the lawyers said in a statement Friday................

Comment

Thanks charity, that has to be good news and bad for the Murdoch coven.

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Working...
                              X