GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script commons debate on phone hacking - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

commons debate on phone hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: commons debate on phone hacking

Garlok,

Indeed, as as for camerons statement I did not buy it still he stands by those that done wrong absolutly shameless.

Regards

Comment

Rebekka Wade was married to 'Grant Mitchell' from Eastenders. Maybe that's why she has a questionable moral compass. Perhaps we should let Dot Cotton (if she exists) decide her fate from here . . .

Comment

The other question that has to now be asked as conman Cameron seems to be incapable of any good judgment or acting properly in this affair, just how many phones have been hacked by Coulson and Brooks on his instructions for him?

A flat denial Cameron will not suffice!

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Rebekka Wade was married to 'Grant Mitchell' from Eastenders. Maybe that's why she has a questionable moral compass. Perhaps we should let Dot Cotton (if she exists) decide her fate from here . . .
          Whaaaaat, you're saying Dot Cotton doesn't exist?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            I know.....I'm still in shock here!!
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well I read that on this forum so it must be true. But then I asked the Tooth Fairy and she said it was just a rumour started to unsettle people. What a relief.

Comment

of course she exists! she runs the launderette in Walford Square

Comment

Red Top

On 11 March 2003, the editor of the Sun newspaper, Rebekah Wade, Link: admitted before the House of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee that while she had been an editor with News International she had paid police officers for information. The information was given in answer to a direct question from the Labour MP, Chris Bryant.

Culture, Media and Sport Commons Select Committee Link: 11 March 2003

467. And on the element of whether you ever pay the police for information?
                  (Ms Wade) We have paid the police for information in the past.

468. And will you do it in the future?
                  (Ms Wade) It depends—

By paying a police officer for information, not only does the police officer commit a criminal offence under the Link: Public Bodies Corruption Act 1889 (as amended by the Link: Prevention of Corruption Act of 1916) in receiving the money or other material inducement, so does the person paying the bribe.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks 5corpio!

I would still ask the questions as to why Cameron is allowing the Met to conduct the investigation inot their own corruption, clearly admitted to a commons Select Committee by one of the transgressors!

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

just watching the news now...David Cameron is mates with Coulson and Wade!

Comment

David Cameron knows more than he is letting on and if he cannot be honest with his citizens who btw put him in office as PM then that is a vote of NO CONFIDENCE

Comment

Yep confused, we have been saying this for a while. Its actually called the "Chipping Norton Set" Horse riding, booze ups and the like. And still Cameron covers them! What does the ginger tart have on him?

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                            Red Top

By paying a police officer for information, not only does the police officer commit a criminal offence under the Link: Public Bodies Corruption Act 1889 (as amended by the Link: Prevention of Corruption Act of 1916) in receiving the money or other material inducement, so does the person paying the bribe.
                            Which is why I believe the police are Public Enemy Number 1 for accepting the bribes, and not the journalists for offering them - all newspapers pay for their stories, but the police could have said "no thank you".

Interestingly the phone hacking story broke in 2007 with Sienna Millar and a couple of junior royals as victims, but it's only when Joe Public's privacy was violated that we are up in arms. Quite rightly so. Celebs have put themselves in the public domain, relatives of soldiers killed and murdered or missing children's families (with the exception of one) have not. Fleet Street is has truly deserved the name of the Gutter Press on this occasion.

Comment

Absolutely PlanB

Comment

As for the police I am well aware of what they are capable of and have had a nasty painful experience myself.

However that did go to court on the solicitors recommendation and I was compensated.

Comment

Working...
                                X