GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Arrow Global Limited vs sagesi - issued 28 April 2017 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Global Limited vs sagesi - issued 28 April 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global Limited vs sagesi - issued 28 April 2017

I've received a claim form from Restons Solicitors Limited acting for Arrow Global Limted regarding a Mark and Spencer credit card for the sum of £5203.98 including court fee and legal cost.

A little history about myself.
    I've had many credit cards/loans and had never missed a payment but due to a family breakup and going through the courts to gain access to see my daughter and financially loosing everything I had to stop paying them and honestly just decided to forget about them.

I am a self employed painter and at the moment receiving housing benefits and working tax credits and unable to pay off the monies owed in full.

I require some advice in how to fill out the claim form.
    I understand I need to fill out the defence section of the form?

I would to add I do not remember when this credit card was taken out and the paperwork I originally received has since been lost

Thanks

Re: Arrow Global Limited vs sagesi - issued 28 April 2017

Hello sagesi

What is the claim Issue Date on the first page of the form (top right)?

You have 19 days to file your Acknowledgement of Service from that date and 33 days from that claim Issue Date date to file your Defence. It's important to get this right so don't do anything until you've had some advice on what to do and how to do it.

Then there are some steps you can take (letters to send) which will help you compile a good Defence. I'll tell you about those when you've provided a little more information to work with.

Try not to worry because issuing a claim is not the same thing as winning a claim, and the Claimant (Arrow) have to prove their case (not you) which is sometimes tricky for them especially with older debts.

Does it say on the claim form when the account was opened?

May I also ask if this M & S credit card began life as a M & S store card which changed into a credit card in 2003?

Di

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply!

The issue date on the claim for is 28 April 2017

The contact between myself and Marks and Spancer is dated on Jan 08 2014 and was assigned to the claimant on June 23 2016.

The credit card did not start of as a store card.

Thanks

Comment

Email me the claim and I'll send to solicitor for you....PlanB works with Joanna (solicitor) too.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Email me the claim and I'll send to solicitor for you....PlanB works with Joanna (solicitor) too.
          This is true. I lead a double life

Claim form received.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Claim form received.

Di
            Awesome. I see Jo just emailed too. I'll leave in your capable hands.

Good luck
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Maybe it's time to edit your signature so it's like Jo's?

Comment

Maybe it's time to edit your signature so it's like Jo's?
                Good idea - but maybe not retrospectively.
                I wouldn't want Jo to be saddled with the content of my previous 14,000 'relaxed' posts

Di

Comment

Originally posted by sagesi View Post
                  I require some advice in how to fill out the claim form.
                  I understand I need to fill out the defence section of the form?
                  Can you check your emails - you don't have voicemail so I can't leave you a message

Di

Comment

While communication issues continue here's what you can do to protect your legal position >

1. Go online (login to the MCOL website using the password on your claim form) and tick the box which says you "intend to defend all of the claim" on the Acknowledgement of Service page. The deadline is 19 days from the claim Issue Date which is on the top right of the front page of the claim form. Be careful not to put anything in the "Defence" box which is an easy mistake to make.

Once you've done that the Claimant cannot enter a Default Judgment (CCJ) against you unless you fail to file your Defence by the deadline (which will be 33 days from the claim Issue Date). More later on that.

2. Send a s. 77-79 CCA Request to Arrow Global to the address on the claim form. You need to include a £1 postal order for the statutory fee and post it Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Delivery so you've got proof of posting and can get a Track & Trace receipt from the Royal Mail website. Here's a link to the AAD template letter > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038

3. Send a CPR 31.14 Request to Restons Solicitors by the same method (there's no fee for this). Here's a link to the AAD template letter > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495048

4. Send a Subject Access Request to M & S to get the full history of the account even though it was only opened three years ago and you may have some paperwork in your file. What you want to see is the 'Transaction Log' (and everything else!) so you'll know what happened and as importantly what didn't happen. There's a £10 fee for this but it'll be a wise investment. Here's a link to the AAD template letter > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495040

Di

Comment

Also you may like to join AAD+ where you can see other claims in progress and extra information which may help you.

Here's how to do that > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php

Di

Comment

While communication issues continue
                        The line of communication has now reopened in the nick of time

Di

Comment

The line of communication has now reopened in the nick of time

Di
                          I don't understand people who come here and expect us to give our time for free - to then just bugger off and ignore us.

Glad you've got comms sorted...

Comment

I don't understand people who come here and expect us to give our time for free - to then just bugger off and ignore us.

Glad you've got comms sorted...

For your information I did not "just bugger off" and have always been in email contact with planB but there was a problem with telephone communications which has now been resolved.
                            Also work, childcare duties sometimes means I am late in saying thanks for the help given.

Comment

Box ticked yesterday on the "intend to defend all of the claim" on the Acknowledgement of Service page.

I intend to post all letters tomorrow.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X