GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lowell portfolio ltd ( lowell solicitors ) v marling - Issued 22 August 2016 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lowell portfolio ltd ( lowell solicitors ) v marling - Issued 22 August 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell portfolio ltd ( lowell solicitors ) v marling - Issued 22 August 2016

Your AAD Forum Username

marling

Name of Claimant

lowell portfolio ltd

Name of Claimant's Solicitors

lowell solicitors

Claim Issue Date

22 August 2016

Who Signed the Claim Form?

The Solicitor Firm (i.e. Joe Blogs Solicitor)

How much is being Claimed?

Under £10,000

Have you Submitted the AoS Response?

Yes

If Yes, when was the AoS Submitted

11 September 2016

Details of Claim

the money is due to EE for 2 contract mobiles I had over 2 years ago, I could not keep up with payment and the majority of the debt is for forward payments of the contracts, I have not been in contact with them for 2 years since I stopped paying EE.

Re: lowell portfolio ltd ( lowell solicitors ) v marling - Issued 22 August 2016

Good luck.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: lowell portfolio ltd ( lowell solicitors ) v marling - Issued 22 August 2016

marling, please would you scan the N1 claim form and email it to Never-In-Doubt - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Thank you and best wishes
      IF
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by marling View Post

Details of Claim

the money is due to EE for 2 contract mobiles I had over 2 years ago, I could not keep up with payment and the majority of the debt is for forward payments of the contracts, I have not been in contact with them for 2 years since I stopped paying EE.
        When did the minimum contract period end for both/either of these accounts?

When you stopped paying did you give notice (typically 30 days in writing) if that would have been passed the minimum contract period so you would have been allowed to cancel the contract at that point?

From what you say most of the claim relates to contract issues and not calls, text or data charges so the focus will be on the contract side of things.

And finally, what happened to the handsets when you stopped paying if there were any handsets provided as part of the contract - were they returned to EE? Handsets are often subsidized by a mobile provider which then aims to recover the shortfall through line rental charges usually spread over the minimum line rental period.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          When did the minimum contract period end for both/either of these accounts?

When you stopped paying did you give notice (typically 30 days in writing) if that would have been passed the minimum contract period so you would have been allowed to cancel the contract at that point?

From what you say most of the claim relates to contract issues and not calls, text or data charges so the focus will be on the contract side of things.

And finally, what happened to the handsets when you stopped paying if there were any handsets provided as part of the contract - were they returned to EE? Handsets are often subsidized by a mobile provider which then aims to recover the shortfall through line rental charges usually spread over the minimum line rental period.

Plan B x
          thanks for reply Plan B, I will have to dig out my paperwork re times etc later today, the handsets were not returned to EE, they didn't ask for them either thou.
          ringing court today for update as I think ive missed Aos here too.

this has given me a good kick up the ass, my un-enforceability dairies are now into the final year and I realise I need to get back on top of things

Comment

Originally posted by marling View Post
            I think ive missed Aos here too.

this has given me a good kick up the ass, my un-enforceability dairies are now into the final year and I realise I need to get back on top of things
            No you're not a dope!

Most things are fixable.

Call the court for a status update on this claim.

Plan B x

Comment

any update?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hi, yes ended up with 2 ccj's paying £5 a month, as i posted earlier my own fault for not addressing it earlier.
                regards marling

Comment

Working...
                X