GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script hoist portfolio 2 ( unknown ) v andyt - Issued 6 June 2015 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hoist portfolio 2 ( unknown ) v andyt - Issued 6 June 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoist portfolio 2 ( unknown ) v andyt - Issued 6 June 2015

Your AAD Forum Username

andyt

Name of Claimant

hoist portfolio 2

Name of Claimant's Solicitors

unknown

Claim Issue Date

6 June 2015

Who Signed the Claim Form?

The Solicitor Firm (i.e. Joe Blogs Solicitor)

How much is being Claimed?

Under £10,000

Have you Submitted the AoS Response?

Yes

If Yes, when was the AoS Submitted

14 June 2015

Details of Claim

aqua card
    ive opted for mediation as ive never even had a letter from any company.first I heard was court claim.im not disputing the debt but am the court fee and legal fee

Re: hoist portfolio 2 ( unknown ) v andyt - Issued 6 June 2015

Hi and welcome to AAD. Did you admit the claim on your AOS?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes I admit to owing the money but I dispute legal fees as if they had contacted me I would have made an offer to pay.the first I heard was a court order

Comment

Oh you admitted it in the claim? If so Game over. Agree to repay then.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Andyt and welcome to AAD,
          I wish you'd come to us as soon as you got the claim form.
          Sadly if you've already admitted the claim, albeit sans the court fees, there's obviously not a lot we can do.
          What is it that you need help with?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by andyt View Post
            Details of Claim
            aqua card
            ive opted for mediation as ive never even had a letter from any company.first I heard was court claim.im not disputing the debt but am the court fee and legal fee
            Hello Andyt and to AAD.

Can you clarify what you understand the current legal situation to be when you say you've "opted for Mediation"?

This would normally only be an option if you've filed a Defence and responded to a Directions Questionnaire so please give us a little more information.

The claim was issued on 6th June so did you get a CCJ as a result of your AOS admitting the debt on 14th June?

If you did get a CCJ you may be able to negotiate a settlement with the creditor within 28 days so that the CCJ doesn't appear on your credit file.

Feel free to email me the paperwork so we can get a fuller understanding of the legal situation using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk

Plan B x

Comment

I admit to owing the money but I dispute legal fees as if they had contacted me I would have made an offer to pay.the first I heard was a court order
              ^^^^ Is there a slim chance this may mean you've filed a Defence online? (see my previous post)

Could this be a Part Admission situation?

Plan B x

Comment

hi yes I did

Comment

hi yes I did

Excellant. Thanks for the update.

So does this mean you have a telephone mediation appointment agreed? If so can you tell us the date.

Why don't you email me the claim form (N1) and your Defence (Part Admission) and we'll take it from there.

If you received a Directions Questionnaire it may be helpful to email that to me too.

Anything you send to me is totally secure so no need to blank anything out. Use PlanB@all-about-debt.co.uk

If you recognise the debt (you've expressed doubts) please let me know who was the original creditor before Hoist Portfolio purchased it, and also when did you open the account (credit card or bank overdraft?).

Do you get the impression that if your mediation fails the claim will proceed to a court hearing?

I'm assuming (but you need to confirm) this claim is still with Northampton County Court Bulk Centre.

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks for your email.

You need to ring the mediation service to check that appointment date as the letter doesn't appear to confirm it, only a deadline for when it must take place by.

Unless you've already done that, of course.

Plan B x

Comment

hi
                      yes heyhave confirmed that date

Comment

they have confirmed that date
                        Great news.

We now have a target date of 7th August to see what's what.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Andy,
                          How did you get on in mediation?

Elsa x

Comment

Working...
                          X