GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone use Viber - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use Viber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Viber

like the tile suggests ...anyone here used it ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Anyone use Viber

No......never heard of them

Bumping your post
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Do what!!!!!

Posh Skype then

--> http://www.viber.com
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Do what!!!!!

Posh Skype then

--> http://www.viber.com
        yeah that's what i'm asking .....anything wrong with it ?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'd not heard of this before, but I've researched it now. It looks as though it works on most operating systems, although it only has limited Linux support.

The big concern is going to be privacy, as there is an obvious link with Israel and its intelligence gathering activities. Of course, all Skype or cell phone communications are virtually the same as shouting in a public street anyway.

It has 280 million registered users, and has now been sold to a Japanese conglomerate. I will be watching this one to see how it develops.

SH

Comment

I used it for chatting to Tuttsi when I was in Hong Kong and Australia, worked fine for us.

Comment

Used it several years ago mate, possibly when it was first realised/in development possibly. I seem to recall the quality was better than others around at the time, but like everything, these things change.
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

I've been using it recently alongside my linux package. I've been quite impressed actually. I use 1&1 for all my linux hosting and I've been using this software for some of my communications. Incidentally, 1&1 also offer an online chat feature with their website building package that is also excellent and really easy to use. I'd recommed you give them a try.
                Last edited by indebtedbob; 11 May 2015, 13:37.

Comment

Yep use it lots for talking. I have a phone with no credit/contract, but with a wifi connection. I was able to connect to the service using another mobile number, so now I can communicate by phone, when I have wifi coverage to other family members and send photos etc. It means we don't have to use a landline from a mobile and use those precious minutes. It also works well across to China where often Skype drops out.

Comment

Working...
                  X