GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowell (Orange) v LifeOfRyan **SET ASIDE** - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell (Orange) v LifeOfRyan **SET ASIDE**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim from Lowell - Orange Contract

I'll sort cpr15.5 for you this weekend.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok thanks alot mate cheers

Comment

You can't give them £370.00. They have not explained how or why they are entitled to it. If I asked you for £370.00 I would expect an unpleasant reply. Ask them on the phone for a breakdown of the amount being claimed. Also ask for an extension whilst they give you that extension. Remind me tomorrow and I will knock up a defence for you if they are being awkward. we will make it expensive for them. Do remind me though and I will do it during my lunch break.

Comment

Thank You ATW I will get him to look in

Comment

Ok mate thanks will give them a call in a mo

Comment

Just rang BW, they said they will send a statement out,did ask for an extension under CPR 15.5 they said as they are sending out a statement of the breakdown that will put the the account on hold anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeOfRyan View Post
                Just rang BW, they said they will send a statement out,did ask for an extension under CPR 15.5 they said as they are sending out a statement of the breakdown that will put the the account on hold anyway.
                no it won't!! Speak to Andrew and see what he says - you did the AoS so you have 28 days - but as of now the extension needs properly sorted so we may have to look at doing a CPR15.5 separately.....

In fact I'll ask Andrew to call BW for you as that might be best, he should be able to get them to see sense here. Hold fire.....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

When you get the statement of account it should give a better idea of how the amount claimed has been calculated and potentially give you some ammo for an offer of settlement. Its better all round it this can be settled though because they will be able to claim the ever increasing court fees from you on top of the debt if they win at trial but on the other hand they cant claim for sending an advocate to the final hearing at your local county court so may end up paying someone more than they are claiming. With that in mind a settlement now suits you and them.

Comment

I cant call as i am not on record so they wont speak to me.
                    I would write to the court and say that an extension has been agreed and that they are getting documents to support the claim. That will be enough to block them getting judgment in default. Its not his fault if he assumes as a litigant in person that another 28 was granted.......
                    Send a copy to BW.
                    If they have not sent anything and you have less than 14 days left for the defence then you can threaten an application along with a request for costs due to unreasonable conduct in not having disclosed documents that you need either before issuing or with the claim form. That will make it expensive for them and they might drop the claim or be more inclined to accept a low offer to get rid of the hassle. The request for an extension and for documents sets up a potential future stress point for them where settlement or them going away becomes more likely.

Comment

Andrew we did a letter of offer and CPR15.5 already but they're ignoring it (delaying)....

Comment

They have said they will put it on hold whilst they get the docs hes asked for. From what i understand he asked for an extension of time under CPR 15.5 for 28 days. They have said enough to agree to that or at least to raise an issue to fight over. If he writes to the court and says that they agreed an extension for 28 days whilst they are getting the docs then that will block a default judgment. If they want to dispute that they will have to apply which is more hassle and expense for them. If he sends them a copy of the letter that he sends to the court (that i will PM him) then he is taking the initiative away from BW and giving himself a better bargaining position.
                        If he doesn't agree then he can ring them back and ask for a specific date for the defence to be extended to subject to having received the docs by then but i think as a LIP hes done enough already.

Comment

Ok so you'll pm him. Then Andrew? Thanks mate......

Comment

I do have the conversation recorded, I specifically asked if its ok for an extension under CPR 15.5 to which she replied 'Well, when we request for a statement to be sent out that halts the account anyway' I can upload if its necessary. So i think i will take Andrew's advice inform the court of extension agreement. What do you think Niddy mate?

Comment

Yes but Andrew is writing something for you isn't he? It might be best to pm him (ATW) and clarify what he's doing as you may be easier sending him a recording of the call via email.....

PM Andrew please mate

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Yes but Andrew is writing something for you isn't he? It might be best to pm him (ATW) and clarify what he's doing as you may be easier sending him a recording of the call via email.....

PM Andrew please mate
                                Yes mate Andrew PM'd me letters have replied dont think he's seen it yet though.

"I have today spoken with the Claimant and they have agreed an extension of time for the defence until the 22nd April under CPR 15.5 whilst they obtain documents that i need to be able to draft a meaningful defence. A copy of this letter has been sent to the Claimant."

then do a letter to them

"Enclosed i a copy letter that i have sent to court regarding the extension of time that was agreed for the defence under CPR 15.5. I put you on notice that if a further extension of needed beyond the 22nd April then i will have to make an application to the court as CPR 15.5 does not allow us to agree anything beyond the 22nd April. If i make an application i will also apply for costs "

Andrew said that should prevent them getting a default judgment and will set up my application which will put me in a better bargaining position.

Comment

Working...
                                X