GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santa brought me spyware.passwords.xgen - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa brought me spyware.passwords.xgen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daisy
    replied
    Re: Santa brought me spyware.passwords.xgen

I managed to download a trojan when using photobucket, it's so frustrating the amount of time wasted on removing them, I ended up using a cleaner and then resetting, so far it seems clear.

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

My OH uses it too, and goes hunting for music videos etc. Only vaguely naughty sites I've been on recently are a google search for hide my ass type sites.
    I've drummed into him not to click on stuff without checking.
    Now I've got back on bleeping computers I'm going through the other steps..currently in safe mode with networking running the Superantispyware scan.
    Still running but so far it's brought up 100+ adwares and a registry entry for PUP.bProtector so I'm just researching that..

I also deleted all old System restore points just in case anything's lurking there.

Leave a comment:

• Riz
    replied

Well, obvious I know, but I presume you've tried to work out how such nasties got on there in the first place?

May be next to impossible if you are on a shared/family computer etc, or if it's snuck on due to some vulnerability in a browser/software that you couldn't be expected to protect against.

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    started a topic Santa brought me spyware.passwords.xgen

Santa brought me spyware.passwords.xgen

I had to spend much of yesterday decontaminating my pc

I had noticed that safari was getting really glitchy/slow and I was constantly having to re input my login details.

On a hunch yesterday I ran malwarebytes and it brought up 2 infections with spyware.passwords.xgen

Deleted those and ran an Avast scan at bootup and that found and killed a couple of other trojans too.

Looking into it I found a good thread on bleepingcomputer.com and ran their temp file cleaner OK.
    However when I tried to get back on there to do the next step the page wouldn't load all day...I read somewhere that xgen blocks access to help sites..is this possible/correct? It loads OK today

I've change all my banking passwords (in the safezone browser in Avast)

Is there anything else I should do?
Working...
X