GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone with Npower? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Npower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone with Npower?

Originally posted by caspar View Post
    That's a very handy tip. Mine isn't an iPhone, but hopefully HTC do something similar.
    If your HTC a smartphone enabling apps' based Andriod, u should be able to look for an app for it. Good luck. Let us know if you do find.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It is - going to have a little poke around now!

Couldn't find one! Will look on HTC website! :-(
      Last edited by caspar; 6 July 2011, 08:47.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
        It is - going to have a little poke around now!

Couldn't find one! Will look on HTC website! :-(
        Found on android Apps WEBSITE: LINKY FREE Download - you need to try it first and if no succeed, try 0845, 0870 on search apps - Good luck Casper - let me know
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What took them so long to find this out

http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2011/07/0...-isnt-working/

Ofgem says the enery market isn't working

We blogged last week about Ofgem finally stepping in to probe the 'big six' energy suppliers, and now there's more evidence to suggest suspicious pricing practice throughout the industry.

It has emerged that movements in household bill rates are out of sync to the wholesale costs paid by the firms. But are we all that surprised?

Ofgem will appoint accountants to investigate the big six firms figures, after it emerged that there were drastic differences in how much firms paid for gas and electricity, while household tariff movements across providers often occur at the same time and at similar rates.

Figures released by the power firms revealed a 27% difference in how much suppliers paid for electricity and a 15% difference for gas last year.

Consumers are regularly given the excuse of rising wholesale prices for increases in gas and electricity bills – yet we rarely see the reverse movement when costs fall.

Price fixing?
          Ofgem's move raises suspicion that the big six could be involved in an informal alliance: raising and lowering prices en masse to leave customers with little choice and maintain profits in the sector.

Last month, Scottish Power hiked gas and electricity bills by 19% and 10% respectively, blaming the rise on "continuing volatility in global energy markets".

Last week British Gas hinted at a price rise for the second time after its owner, Centrica, warned investors that higher wholesale prices, weak consumption and higher North Sea production taxes will all hit its financial performance.

Energy firms are required to provide Ofgem with information on how much they pay for wholesale energy. A spokesman for Ofgem said: "We called for the big six energy companies to provide greater transparency by publishing their accounts. From these we decided we needed more details and we will be appointing accountants shortly to look at the issue."

Complex calculations
          Accountants are required to investigate further because energy pricing isn't as simple as suppliers buying from wholesale markets, and reselling to consumers at a profit. Energy companies also generate a proportion of their own energy, and wholesale rates are not the only factors which can affect the price of gas and electricity.

Energy firms also don't buy as and went they need it – but in advance and in bulk – which makes it tricky to work out accurate pricing.

Restore consumer faith
          Audrey Gallacher, director of energy at Consumer Focus, says customers need to be able to have faith that what energy firms report is accurate and that they will be penalised when they fail.

"It is essential that Ofgem's moves on greater transparency and scrutiny of energy suppliers are successful if the tide of consumer distrust of energy firms is to turn," she adds.
          BTW Walletpop do not spellcheck lol

Comment

Chris Huhne tweeted today:

Electricity Market Reform: Keeping the Lights on in the Cheapest, Cleanest Way

I have three key goals with our new electricity market reform, which I have been working on for months and which goes live today. The first is to keep the lights on by encouraging a big wave of replacement investment in power plants. The second is to ensure that our electricity is generated without carbon emissions, and the third is to give the consumer the best possible deal. It is not as easy to get all these objectives in a line as you might hope.

Our ageing power plants are shutting down. In less than a decade, a quarter of them will go offline. We must build the equivalent of twenty large power stations by 2020 if we are to assure supply and meet our binding renewables and carbon targets. Some £110 billion is needed - double the amount invested over the last decade. This is a huge challenge, and the current market is not fit to meet it. Left untouched, it would drive us deeper into fossil fuel import dependency. The UK already relies on imported fossil fuels for a third of our energy; unless we act, by 2025, it will be half.

That reliance would leave us vulnerable to price shocks as global competition for energy resources grows. Our own reserves in the North Sea are declining, yet worldwide demand for energy could increase by 40% by 2030.

China is already world's biggest energy consumer. Its thirst for raw energy supplies could double over the next twenty years. We estimate demand for electricity in Britain could double by 2050, as we plug into the grid to....Read more on his tweet: Chris Huhne: Electricity Market Reform: Keeping the Lights on in the Cheapest, Cleanest Way

Comment

And we thought we may be hard up with Power Suppliers

Energy crisis threatens to derail Pakistan's growth
              Pakistan has a serious electricity problem. Ask Mohammed Yasin, who sells sugarcane juice from a small, rented shop in Karachi's Neelum Colony.

For months, his business has been suffering because of unplanned power outages, often lasting eight to ten hours. "I got fed up and finally had to buy this run-down diesel generator," he says pointing to the noisy equipment that is helping turn the wheel of his cane-crushing machine.

"The costs of a diesel generator are a major dent in my earnings, but what else can I do?" he asks.

Mohammed is only one of millions who have been affected in Pakistan; a country where power cuts have become a national frustration, often overshadowing concerns about Pakistan's security situation. Spontaneous protests by citizens fed up with power blackouts have become an almost daily occurrence in cities and towns across the.........Read more on this story: HERE

Comment

So my 'time' with Npower came to an end today...finally!!

I've not had to pay for 3 months of electricity and they're sending me a 'token gesture' to apologise
                Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Working...
                X