GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which water filter jug is best? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which water filter jug is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which water filter jug is best?

Not sure which one to buy, which one would you recommend?
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Which water filter jug is best?

Sorry can't help.....We have one of these^^^^ filtered water and ice on tap... It's plumbed into water mains so nothing to fill...just the filter to change every 6 months.....

Best thing I ever bought.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

Sorry can't help.....We have one of these^^^^ filtered water and ice on tap... It's plumbed into water mains so nothing to fill...just the filter to change every 6 months.....

Best thing I ever bought.....

I'm soooo jealous!!

Comment

Have you read this ? -----> http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/water-filters.htm
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's American and you have to subscribe to view them

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
            It's American and you have to subscribe to view them
            Sorry ....didn't get that far...

Comment

Sorry ....didn't get that far...
              No worries

Comment

Living in a very hard water area, I've tried loads of water filter jugs; Brita, Brita Maxtra, Aqua Optima and even the supermarket own brands. I suppose out of all of them, Brita gives the best tasting water i.m.o, however, that said, I have now trashed the filter jugs and gone for cheapo bottled spring water as I find one filter only lasts me between 1-2 weeks with the water being soooo hard and it still doesn't taste as good as spring water.

Depends on why you are wanting filtered water; for me, my water tastes so metallic and is full of limescale, so any water is better than the crap that comes out of my taps! I now buy supermarket own brand water.

For 8 x 2l bottles (what we use in a week for three of us - squash, tea and coffee etc.) it costs:

Asda - £2.50
                Sainsburys - £3.00
                Aldi - £2.00 (I only but it there if I'm passing anyway as it's out of town and I don't generally shop there).

You can buy even bigger bottles a little cheaper, however, I like a bottle that will fit in the fridge and is easy to hold and pour from.

You can even get cheaper water, which is basically filtered tap water in a bottle, ie. supermarket branded blue stripe or smartprice water; even that is better than my own tap water!
                If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you diddly, I think I will stick to bottled water too

Comment

I have a britta that chills the water, but like diddles the filters are expensive, lived Manchester before moving to this area, and just don't like the smell or taste of the tap water here, go back to visit mum in Mc and I drink gallons of tap waterx

Comment

Working...
                    X