GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DR PESOS, DOLLARS,TRAVELLERS CHQS what is best - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DR PESOS, DOLLARS,TRAVELLERS CHQS what is best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR PESOS, DOLLARS,TRAVELLERS CHQS what is best

One for Niddy as Im guessing he has been to Dominican Republic

What is the best currency combination I know we will need $60 for travel visa and departure tax but what is best for spending which will mainly be for gifts and trips as we will be all inclusive the DR PESOS or the DOLLAR and is there a limit to the amount of money you can take in?

Are there any other tips you can give like tipping etc

Thank you

Re: DR PESOS, DOLLARS,TRAVELLERS CHQS what is best

https://www.fairfx.com/

I got one of these ^^^ top up here... then you can get what you want out in the local currency saves taking cash
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Anyone hear or used this before>

Centtrip pre paid card accepted 14 currencies on one card, no charge for POS transactions, fixed ATM withdrawal cost etc.

link: www.centtrip.com
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The DR $ is a closed currency (can't take out the country) so you buy USD and convert once there. That's what we did or just get lots of $1 bills for tips etc. Problem is the DR$ isn't a lot so it's easy to insult by giving DR$10 - which was like 20p!!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          The DR $ is a closed currency (can't take out the country) so you buy USD and convert once there. That's what we did or just get lots of $1 bills for tips etc. Problem is the DR$ isn't a lot so it's easy to insult by giving DR$10 - which was like 20p!!
          I brought some back when we went!

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
            I brought some back when we went!
            What did you do with em ?

Light the fire ? lol

Comment

still bloody got them

Comment

Working...
              X