GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script it's a bargin! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's a bargin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's a bargin!

bargin today..totally inadvertently too....needed new jeans to replace old Tesco Value jeans that were bought around 3-4 years ago, £3 each pair.

Used for work, where I can get mucky, and sustain clothing damage...

material just starting to get fragile..[posted about mooning to a class full of students some time ago]....bit bullet and went to seek more £3 Value jeans.....chose a pair [trouble getting right size, must be an awful lot of folk my size?]...then spotted a decent pair, at sale price...but no price tag...so chucked 'em in 't'trolley anyway...

went through checkout.....young cashier delightedly informed me, they were £1.50!

Now..if three quid jeans last 3 or 4 years, and these better quality jeans last longer, I am going to be in a pickle trying to beat that for value!

As a civil servant, there is no ''dress code'' [if there is that is a figment of the popularist press's imagination].....however, many of my 'managers' are ex-military, and [size=5]they like to imagine there's a dress code...I disappoint them on a regular basis..

Re: it's a bargin!

i'm with you there alistair

£4 a pair at Primarni in liverpool...2 pairs for our upcoming £9 sun holiday

cant understand though how the OH spends all the cash I save on clothes on "special" stuff for her..sheesh!

Comment

Jesus you crack me up - I wouldn't be seen dead in anything less than £50! My buttocks are priceless you know - they must have a soft feel material rubbing them all day - not rough denim made in back street [size=5]birmingham[/s] dehli @ 7p per hour - I have morals you know!*

* I buy £50+ jeans that were made in a back street of dehli for 1p per hour
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ah well...as an ex bankrupt would LOVE to pay £50 a pair...problem is my arse is too big as well so nothing ever fits apart from the "cheaper" end..

Comment

i got a Wolly Jumper from Tesco £35 down to £20, at checkout i paid the grand sum of £0.00p for it they forgot to scan as i was busy talking to her at the check out (Even asked if wanted the Hanger for it.....lol

Can't afford £50 Jeans (£15 from £25 from BHS - perfect, No scratchy or cardboard).....

Off to make Stock supply of Food for Freezer for £10.00 18x Meals (Scotch Broth Soup) & Beef Stew
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Price of Cotton due to Rocket soon (as well as Rice, Pasta etc)

(even though Kids clothes are excempt from VAT), The price of Cotton will shortly be increasing and these Cheap Danny Discount stores perhaps will be drying up as well as the (Primark, Sports World, George, Tesco, etc increasing their prices) as they wont get their goods cheap anymore to sell for next to nothing (May help those Unfortunate kids and the poor being used as cheap labour in the back Allies being paid 1p -10p a day- for making them). Then also they'll be out of jobs - A bit like putting £2.00 on a Euro Lottery No Win !!

Hopes the Freezer doesn't pack in for you, but if its really cold (which this Winter will be), just stick it outside lol

Getting me a 15 Tog Kingsize Duvet for the Winter £20.00 on Ebay/Dunelm (Laughs at the site of Debenhams selling Feather Kingsize Duvets for £130 50% £65 riduclous prices)
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is it going to be cold then 5corps? Snow? Lots of again?
              Last edited by IF; 19 November 2013, 15:12.
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I've bought clothes in the past from supermarkets, "cheap" clothes shops etc, and have always been disappointed at how they seem to shrink, fade or fall apart in the wash.

Of course, I have bought primark stuff for my daughter, because they grow out of them soooo quickly, but tbh they are so poorly made, and once washed often look so rubbishy that she has had one wear out of them before they are binned - not great value!

I am not a clothes snob at all; but if I can pick up a good quality item in the sale, I'd rather buy fewer good quality clothes, than have lots of rubbish.

I've got some clothes I've had ten years, which I am still happy to wear; my hubbies Armani stretchy black jeans, which I bought before my daughter was born (and she's 10), and cost over £100 and seemed so expensive at the time, but they still look as good as new today, and are his favourite trousers, so get lots of wear - not bad value really when you consider how long they've lasted.
                If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X