GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script - CLOSED - Tips and Advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

- CLOSED - Tips and Advice

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Garden Corner: for the green fingered amongst us

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Niddy, there's a Vineyard growing Chardonay and Pinot Noire grapes commercially not far from you. Get the right variety and you should be able to grow them from a South facing fence.

Just don't put them where the estate chavs can get to them.

I have heard of vinyards in Scotland!

Comment

Our front is south. I wanted in back (north/west)...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        West can be good if not. Looks like you will be building that Conservatory then?
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Fine Vintage View Post
          LINK The Scottish vineyard making its own wine | The List

Now that's pretty far North.

But can I recommend if you ever get a chance to visit or try these folk. Cairn O'Mohr Pronounced Care No More.
          LINK CairnoMohr Fruit Wine 01821 642781

A really good interesting variety of fruit wines. The tour is great fun. When you have had a glass or two, you really do Care No More

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

My white vine is planted on a north facing fence, allbeit in the middle of the garden.

It grows wherever it wants, north, south, east and west. Once it gets its head above the parrapet, I don't think it matters.

Mine was only £6 from the local nursery. Good value.

Comment

LINK The Scottish vineyard making its own wine | The List

Now that's pretty far North.

But can I recommend if you ever get a chance to visit or try these folk. Cairn O'Mohr Pronounced Care No More.
              LINK CairnoMohr Fruit Wine 01821 642781

A really good interesting variety of fruit wines. The tour is great fun. When you have had a glass or two, you really do Care No More

The Scots also do a great line in Rasperry Vodka or Gin.

The raspberry vodka is highly recomended, especially home made.

Comment

West can be good if not. Looks like you will be building that Conservatory then?
                Don't let the vine grow over the conservatory roof. I did and had dozens of bunches of grapes rotting away.

Comment

The Scots also do a great line in Rasperry Vodka or Gin.

The raspberry vodka is highly recomended, especially home made.
                  Another couple of weeks and I will be collecting Sloes, we have hundreds of Blackthorn round about us. On a good year I can collect a couple of Kilo's in about half an hour.

This year I may try Sloe Vodka as well as my usual couple of bottles of Gin.

Comment

Another couple of weeks and I will be collecting Sloes, we have hundreds of Blackthorn round about us. On a good year I can collect a couple of Kilo's in about half an hour.

This year I may try Sloe Vodka as well as my usual couple of bottles of Gin.

Can't seem to get along with Sloe gin Handy.

Try the raspberry Vodka. Ready in 4-6 weeks and you can use any cheap Vodka.

Comment

There you go. Grapes in Lancashire.

Attached Files

Comment

I have to say I do like a nip of Sloe gin from the hip flask on a cold Autumn / winters morning when fishing or shooting. Not that I get chance to do much of either these days.

I do more shooting with the camera these day's as Mrs Handy wont let me do Rabbit or Pigeon Pie.

Day's were when I could get my meat and two veg from my Vegetable Garden

Comment

I have to say I do like a nip of Sloe gin from the hip flask on a cold Autumn / winters morning when fishing or shooting. Not that I get chance to do much of either these days.

I do more shooting with the camera these day's as Mrs Handy wont let me do Rabbit or Pigeon Pie.

Day's were when I could get my meat and two veg from my Vegetable Garden

Nothing wrong with a hip flask at any time of year.

I have not been able to shoot for some time now. They wanted me to get a licence!

Comment

Only have an Air Rifle myself these days. I don't have much of a rabbit problem here at Hooray Hall as we had a big myxi outbreak last year and the cat picked off the affected.

When I was on the Estate in Scotland the Rabbits got into the kitchen garden no matter how well I fenced it. Mrs H said I was turning into Elmer Fud. At night the security lights would go on at the back of the Lodge and I would be off.

Biggest problem I had was the Red Dear nipping over the fence to nibble my lettuce.

Still as far North as we were we has Great Strawberries, Gooseberries, Raspberries and plums. The season was 6 to 8 weeks later than down south but we had great crops.

Regards, Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Fine Vintage
                              Indeed, closer to France than London.

They do have vineyards in Lancashire and Yorkshire.
                              Yea but I'm in Yorkshire not Scotland

So you iz ze frog? Ahhhhhh.....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yea but I'm in Yorkshire not Scotland

So you iz ze frog? Ahhhhhh.....

Ah. There is a vineyard in Leeds!

Only a Frog when it comes to getting cheap wine and fags

My father came from Yorkshire, my mother from Lancashire, so more northern than continental.

Plant that vine Niddy, and buy yourself a machete

Comment

Working...
                                X