GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script - CLOSED - Tips and Advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

- CLOSED - Tips and Advice

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Garden Corner: for the green fingered amongst us

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    I2D,

I put a wanted message on the Havant Freegle site for garden tools and have just had a reply offering me a garden rake and dutch hoe.

Fantastic
    Well done Back garden will soon be looking as good as front
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Indeed the weeds are 2 ft tall and what was the lawn is now covered, however with the tiller that will soon be sorted once I have serviced it.

Regards

Comment

I put some new baskets up in the front garden, they where ones my wife got through the post personally I do not like getting plants that way as they always arrive wilted and looking limp due to lack of sunlight.

However with plenty of feed and watering they did recover and now looking nice.

Regards

Comment

I shall have to take some pictures of my revolting garden, where the weeds are three feet high.

Comment

well i got plenty of seedlings up im i the first this year
            at the start of this journey i owed
            £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
            £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
            on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
            as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
            ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

Even after a week of sub zero temperatures which have left the grass on the lawns brown and damaged, the weeds are springing up everywhere I look. Looks like it's going to be a long spring with the hoe and rake to get things under control.

The Daffodils which have been out here since before Christmas are now starting to go over, luckily I planted several hundred late flowering variety's which are now starting to come through, this should ensure the display continues for at least another month.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Daffodill 1 upload.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	1385676

Regards all, Handy
              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

I've got two wee snowdrops....................

Comment

Just watching the rain pour down in my back garden while I had a cup of coffee, and my tame baby robin is so clever. He's been sheltering under the coffee table all day, waiting for his willing slave (me) to bring him food and get wet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
                    Just watching the rain pour down in my back garden while I had a cup of coffee, and my tame baby robin is so clever. He's been sheltering under the coffee table all day, waiting for his willing slave (me) to bring him food and get wet.
                    I have a shotgun shep, if the Robin causes too much trouble

Comment

Come on Vint, Don't you know that shooting Robins brings bad luck.
                      Besides think of the damage you would do to the table with a shotgun

An old mate of mine took a shot at an annoying pigeon that was waking him up at 5:00 every morning. He missed the pigeon and shot his TV Ariel off. As he lived in a terraced street he also upset a lot of his neighbours.

Robins are great garden helpers. I have one that comes to watch every time I am digging or hoeing.

Regards, Handy
                      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Had to hack away at the shrubs again. Not sure waht is in our soil, but things grow like billyo.

We planted this little Olive tree 5 years ago. Have to chop it back twice a year.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The grapes are growing well though.

Attached Files

Comment

grapes.....? seriously?

I want one of those in my garden! Clippings please
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy, there's a Vineyard growing Chardonay and Pinot Noire grapes commercially not far from you. Get the right variety and you should be able to grow them from a South facing fence.

Just don't put them where the estate chavs can get to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                grapes.....? seriously?

I want one of those in my garden! Clippings please
                                Seriously Niddy, I have to hack these back 3 or 4 times a season.

They should be available in any Nursery, or I can email you a cutting .

The white grapes have only been in for 5 years. Produced some grapes in year one but last year had Hundreds of bunches. They grow like mad if you have the room to train them.

I think this is the variety that I have. Groves Nurseries - Page not found

About £11 from here or cheaper in a local Nursery.

Comment

Working...
                                X