GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script fresh christmas turkey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fresh christmas turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh christmas turkey

ok we all want to save money but how many people on this forum by a fresh turkey rather than a frozen one? do you think you can tell the differance between the two.[i am talking about fresh turkeys from a major uk supermarket and not from a local farm or butcher]
    at the start of this journey i owed
    £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
    £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
    on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
    as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
    ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Re: fresh christmas turkey

Hi Wishful,

I don't really like turkey...it's too much like chicken ;LOL

Every year, I roast a nice bit of beef and have with all the usual things like yorkies and pigs in blankets.

You don't know how long a turkey (or anything for that matter) has been frozen for before you buy it so it would have had the chance to absorb water so based on that very reason, I'd say yes.
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic
      Hi Wishful,

Every year, I roast a nice bit of beef and have with all the usual things like yorkies and pigs in blankets.

I wonder if that's a Scottish thing cos i'm the same, always have beef (& roast pork) which pretty much lasts til new years, when its pub food (or just the pub without food) then back to reality the next day! But can't stomoach turkey!

Went to the Queens in Leeds (allegedly a top hotel) for x-mas dinner a couple of years back and they served me turkey and I was like WTF is this shyte! I ordered beef, and you know what the waiter said to me?

"Who eats beef at christmas sir" - to which I replied, "I feckin do"! Ignorant twat - I tell ya, some people need civilising

** To add, i'm hoping for fresh beef this year cos i'm gonna suck up to Steve-o and see if he can rub palms with the right people in farmer giles land ;Sh
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
        Hi Wishful,

I wonder if that's a Scottish thing cos i'm the same, always have beef (& roast pork) which pretty much lasts til new years, when its pub food (or just the pub without food) then back to reality the next day! But can't stomoach turkey!

Went to the Queens in Leeds (allegedly a top hotel) for x-mas dinner a couple of years back and they served me turkey and I was like WTF is this shyte! I ordered beef, and you know what the waiter said to me?

"Who eats beef at christmas sir" - to which I replied, "I feckin do"! Ignorant twat - I tell ya, some people need civilising

** To add, i'm hoping for fresh beef this year cos i'm gonna suck up to Steve-o and see if he can rub palms with the right people in farmer giles land ;Sh
        I do Fresh Turkey Crown (My Friend is a Butcher and i get friends and family hee hee) and roast Beef. I do prefer fresh because i am frightened of not defrosting a frozen one properley.

Niddy i went to a christmas doo at the Queens too a couple of years ago and i can honestly say it was Cr@p got all our food order wrong too. They got funny because we asked for more Roasties and gravy. FFS people want more than 1 roast potato and a tablespoon of gravy with their dinner.

Safe to say i won't be going back. !!!

Comment

we just go to the families for Xmas/New Year - ;Sh

Saves on buying the turkey, Beef, Pork ;LOL
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

dont talk to me about £"$%£$% turkeys!
            24 eggs .... only 2 hatched .... so we are going to be on a "lean" xmas

and just for the record .. when i used to 'do' turkeys they could be kept in -20 for 3months ish on average ..
            same with any meat....

ps i aint got piles !

for those that dont know . farmer giles == piles!

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
              My dad prefers lamb so maybe not eating turkey is a Scottish thing!! ;30

Comment

Lamb with 'Mint Sauce' Mmmm ;--;
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I hate turkey but the last time i looked i wasn't Scottish. ;Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan
                    I hate turkey but the last time i looked i wasn't Scottish. ;Hmm
                    Well, that blows that theory right outta the window! 2

Comment

wasnt Lamb the original dish of xmas ? *ponders*

Comment

Well I have Thanksgiving next month which we will have turkey and ham. ( I celebrate it here with the kids and DH's family)

As for Xmas my DH LOVES beef so I do a carvery of Turkey and bEef but i prefer turkey I think its a North American thing. Actually my Yorkshire buddy next to me says his family does beef and turkey as well...

As for fresh frozen look for birds that say IQF. they are fast frozen less ice crystals. From a chefs standpoint.. No you can't tell the difference its all in the defrost and the cooking...

Comment

interesting i dont like turkey either and do a beef pork and turkey carvery [ my daughter likes turkey] but the reason i ask is that i drive a fridge lorry and last week was delivering FRESH? turkeys into cold store for sale as fresh turkey this coming xmas what a con and it is totally legal how do they get away with it
                          on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]

Comment

Welll there is Fresh/frozen meats.

Comment

what i am saying is these birds will be stored at -20 then at xmas will be sold as fresh evan though they have been frozen

Comment

Working...
                              X