GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script - CLOSED - 2011 Weight Loss Inspiration Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

- CLOSED - 2011 Weight Loss Inspiration Group

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Weight Loss Inspiration Group

Originally posted by pixie View Post
    Only 1 pound this week despite being on a very strict diet.

Ah well, anything is better than nothing.
    well done Pixie, that's still a good loss, imagine 1lb a week..that would soon mount up! x

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Hi All

Sorry i've not posted for a while, I've been really busy with work!

However being busy has been good for me it seems as I have lost 5lbs in the last 2 weeks!

Now down to 15st 4lbs. Havn't been this 'light' for almost 5 years!

SnV
    hi SnV good to see you, i hope you're well. well done on the 5lb loss...i'll go and update the totals now. lightest for 5 years - well done x

Comment

Well done SnV
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done Pixie and SnV

Conf, I've stayed the same!! Will try harder this week xx
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
          Well done Pixie and SnV

Conf, I've stayed the same!! Will try harder this week xx
          staying the same is good If

well i had a doughnut earlier so i had to go to zumba to make up for it! hmm was it worth it
          yes.......

Comment

A friend of mine has started 'The Dunkan Diet' and she's lost half a stone in 4 days!

She said it's a protein based diet to start with (chicken, beef, low fat dairy mainly) and then after so many days of 'attacking' the fat, you can add veg back into your diet...not sure I could cope with not eating carbs but it sounds like a bloody awesome diet!
            Made by God...Improved by the Devil
            Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
              A friend of mine has started 'The Dunkan Diet' and she's lost half a stone in 4 days!

She said it's a protein based diet to start with (chicken, beef, low fat dairy mainly) and then after so many days of 'attacking' the fat, you can add veg back into your diet...not sure I could cope with not eating carbs but it sounds like a bloody awesome diet!
              LOL if you mean the Dukan diet thats what I'm doing, and have to say it is working.

You are allowed carbs after a while but you slowly introduce them.

Have to admit that I'm feeling much better for it, not so bloated with much more energy.

But maybe Dunkans diet is even better
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
                hi SnV good to see you, i hope you're well. well done on the 5lb loss...i'll go and update the totals now. lightest for 5 years - well done x
                Well done SnV
                Thanks Both!

Got to keep the momentum going now though..............
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post

But maybe Dunkans diet is even better
                  Hahaha! Maybe!

I didn't realise you were doing it and obviously I don't know anything about it if I couldn't even get the name right

You must have alot of willpower - how are you coping with no carbs?
                  Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                  Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

I'm doing the Dukan Diet (sort of) but I haven't lost half a stone in 2 weeks!
                    When I say sort of I have been having the 'occasional' alcoholic beverage and fruit (not supposed to have it on Dukan.) I do feel a whole lot better for cutting out carbs and I don't really miss them.

However I'm happy because my neighbour commented this morning on how much weight I'd lost and how well I look!

Comment

The good thing about the Dukan diet is that you can have unlimited fish, shellfish, chicken, turkey and lean beef. I couldn't survive on a couple of 'shakes' a day!

Comment

Well I'm away and have different but much nicer scales ..... I think I have lost about 3 l/2 lbs. Hurray, though I reserve judgement until I try the scales again next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                          Hahaha! Maybe!

I didn't realise you were doing it and obviously I don't know anything about it if I couldn't even get the name right

You must have alot of willpower - how are you coping with no carbs?
                          Perhaps the Dunkan Doughnuts diet would be better?

Going without carbs has been hard. I got serious cravings last week and would have probably killed anyone standing between me and a bag of chips!

Much better now though, the cravings aren't as bad. I think this is part of the whole thing to wean you off them.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                            Well I'm away and have different but much nicer scales ..... I think I have lost about 3 l/2 lbs. Hurray, though I reserve judgement until I try the scales again next week!
                            Nice one!

Comment

The good thing about the Dukan diet is that you can have unlimited fish, shellfish, chicken, turkey and lean beef. I couldn't survive on a couple of 'shakes' a day!
                              Ditto, though I don't believe the 'unlimited' bit! As I've been known to polish off a 16oz steak in my time (including chips!) I can eat a lot of meat!

What I've found on week 3 is that the portion sizes I'm happy with have shrunk so I'm eating less anyway which obviously helps.

Comment

I'm doing the Dukan Diet (sort of) but I haven't lost half a stone in 2 weeks!
                                When I say sort of I have been having the 'occasional' alcoholic beverage and fruit (not supposed to have it on Dukan.) I do feel a whole lot better for cutting out carbs and I don't really miss them.

However I'm happy because my neighbour commented this morning on how much weight I'd lost and how well I look!
                                well done Pixie, that's really good for your neighbour to notice!

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                well done! that's brilliant....x

Comment

Working...
                                X