GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shooting pain - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shooting pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting pain

Greetings

I have this shooting pain for 3 days now that starts from my right stroke side butt and shoots down to the back of knee

I know I will need to go to GP but does anyone have any pointers as to what it could be as it is quite painful.

Thanks

Re: Shooting pain

sorry to say sounds like sciatica, had it, it's horrible and you need some painkillers, it can go the whole way down to your foot.

mine left me with one of my legs numb above the knee

Comment

Pain Killers and a nice massage might shift it. I had sciatica once went for a Thai massage it did the trick.
      But always check with your GP first
      My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

I agree, you need anti inflammatories such as ibuprofen Pompey. Your GP will probably prescribe a stronger one. Could be caused by a slipped disc (maybe because your muscles are weaker on that side) or inflammation.
        Hope you feel better soon hun xx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
          I agree, you need anti inflammatories such as ibuprofen Pompey. Your GP will probably prescribe a stronger one. Could be caused by a slipped disc (maybe because your muscles are weaker on that side) or inflammation.
          Agree, take anti inflammatories.
          Analgesics won't work.
          Doc will prescribe something stronger like diclofenac.
          You can buy the diclofenac gel over the counter.

Comment

Had that when pregnant,,baby was lying on the sciatic nerve. It's bloody awful.
            Best off seeing GP cos normal over the counter remedies are 'weak'...plus you need to be careful that any medications you are already on won't clash with any you might buy.
            There are some excellent prescription only meds for nerve problems,

I hope it clears up soon cos as I said,,it's bloody horrible
            Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Are you on any blood pressure medicine? Some inter react with ibuprofen, so check.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Has been known to happen as in my case of a aggravated muscle, I have to have an injection soon as it has not gone , but in my case after new hip op
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                  Forgot to mention I do get lower back pain aswell as a curvature in my spine due to the lopsided way I walk so could all be interconnected

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    Are you on any blood pressure medicine? Some inter react with ibuprofen, so check.
                    Yes I take Ramipril among others for hypertension

Comment

Yeah any imbalance causes stress points. Good point about the BP meds..make sure your Dr takes that into account. Anti inflammatories can elevate BP too with long term use, but hopefully this will be short term.

Comment

Working...
                      X