GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Beauty tips. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beauty tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty tips.

Beauty Tips

I will post up in due course on this but come on girls

Give me some tips as well please, lots of them!

Re: Beauty tips.

Ladies, check this out.

Now my 2 sons got this for me for Christmas and its absolutely adorable, the smell is stunning and its in a fancy gold round box.

Check the link below, and I understand they also sell this in Boots the Chemist, its made by GOK and called Gorgeous. Its supposed to have dropped to half price as well.

The Gok Limited Edition Deluxe Collection contains a beautiful selection of treats, including:
    • Gorgeous by Gok Shower Scrub 200ml
    • Gorgeous by Gok Body Wash 200ml
    • Gorgeous by Gok Body Butter 180ml
    • Gorgeous by Gok ‘Liquid Gold’ Body Wash 200ml
    • Gorgeous by Gok ‘Deluxe Gold’ Body Butter 180ml
    • Gorgeous by Gok ‘Liquid Gold’ Bath Essence 200ml
    • Gorgeous by Gok ‘Molten Gold’ Body Oil 200ml
    • and a Gorgeous by Gok Body Polisher – all contained in a luxe gold coffret case.

http://pamperedandpolished.co.uk/201...t-of-the-week/

I promise, your in for a treat, and I do also wish there was a perfume made the same too, so here's hoping anyway.

Comment

Hi Di,

Great thread...not sure if what I have posted below is anything to do with what you have started but my brother sent me this link a few weeks ago. I wanted to try it before I posted about to see if it worked and I can honestly say that it has made a very big difference.

When I used to wake in the morning I always feeled sluggish and my head was always clouded with so much stress.....which is probably because of everything I have/am going through.

I know it may not sound appealing to many but I do recommend it highly that people at least try it and see for themselves.....I feel much more relaxed and stress free despite still being stuck in hell

Oil Pulling, Wonderful Therapy - Home

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_pulling

Oil Pulling For Detoxing? No, But Helps With Gum Disease Immunity -- Natural Health Newsletter
      Last edited by transformer999; 13 February 2012, 17:18.

Comment

I got some Gok for christmas too and it's lovely. Also got some Soap and Glory bits. Absolutely love it.Just found out they do a pefume too so dropped a few not too subtle hints for Mother's Day

Anybody got any tips for sore,dry itchy eyes? Look like i've been punched!!

Comment

Those self-tanning moisturisers usually stink but the best one at a reasonable price (IMO) is Dove.... I use it in winter on the face and neck to make me look a little less dug up(!!)

I'm still trying out the summer ones, although Fake Bake has been the best so far.... but not the spray one. I ended up with streaks.... so went for the rub it in one and used gloves.

Last edited by PriorityOne; 13 February 2012, 19:52.
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Brushing Brushing Brushing...

Body Brushing is amazing for getting rid of toxins and dead skin.

I suggest you try it get a gentle brush (bristle works best soft one) and brush from toe to head towards your heart. Google body brushing its great!

Comment

The way I'm looking at present I think the best remedy is a paper bag!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

On a slightly more serious note, eye make is easily removed by Vaseline intensive body locking lotion, a good cleanser is Liz earle's cleanse and polish plus for night time use elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream. Finally aldi and lidl do very good eye creams and moisturisers ( q10)

Comment

GOK, love it!! the aroma is beautiful, and a mixture of stuff, scrub, lotions etc, absolutely stunning.

I do love Dove too, very soft and gentle on your skin also.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    The way I'm looking at present I think the best remedy is a paper bag!

and what colour would you like that paper bag in cym?

Comment

Neutral beige would probably be best but I like to make a statement, so..... turquoise

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                        On a slightly more serious note, eye make is easily removed by Vaseline intensive body locking lotion, a good cleanser is Liz earle's cleanse and polish plus for night time use elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream. Finally aldi and lidl do very good eye creams and moisturisers ( q10)

I'm a big fan of Liz Earle's stuff and forgot just how good it was until I re-stocked at Xmas, her moisturiser is the best moisturiser I've ever used for sure. I hate it when I've run out

I'm not sure it does much for my wrinkles (poly-filler might just about do the trick) but then neither does stress or lack of sleep!!!

I really like Ted Baker body mousse, but OH couldn't find any last xmas so got got me other ok-ish stuff but Gok sounds fab.. might have to drop some unsubtle hints to my OH for my birthday

Omg - I just noticed that Di posted this thread a year ago.. I can't believe it took a year to receive any replies
                        Last edited by DNW; 16 February 2012, 01:52.

Comment

I have also been using eye and lash dyes for years.... they sell the kits at Boots and Superdrug for under £10 and the pack lasts for months!

If you're doing this for the first time, buy a brown one though or you could end up with caterpillars on your face.... ... although these do fade down fairly quickly. I did a hair and beauty course in my younger days and have always remembered how to do certain things.... and fixing up your eyebrows can take years off.

Remember the mantra:
                          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Working...
                          X