GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script White cells in urine? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White cells in urine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White cells in urine?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not asking for medical advice...just opinions!

O.k so today I toddled off to the docs for a routine 25weeks check up (currently 24weeks and 6 days!) and when she *ahem* dipped her stick into my pee she said it was showing white blood cells and protein. I know that the protein can be a bad thing but what does white cells being present mean?

I don't wanna google it incase I start reading things that fill my head full of nonsense!
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Re: White cells in urine?

It is normal for pregnant women (and called leucocytes)! Answer here: ---> White Cells in Urine (Pregnant)
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Get Nid!

I know the past couple of times I have had my pee pee checked it was high in protein so i had to go for blood tests - turned out ok

Did you ask the doc about the white cells?

Comment

Why would she start talking about anti-biotics and stuff if it's just normal?

3rd pregnancy...you'd think I'd know it was 'normal' but it's not happened before!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo View Post
          Get Nid!

I know the past couple of times I have had my pee pee checked it was high in protein so i had to go for blood tests - turned out ok

Did you ask the doc about the white cells?
          Yeah I aked her what it meant and she said she won't speculate but she'll send it away for testing and let me know the outcome.

EDIT - I'm just a bit concerned as she mentioned anti-biotics!
          Last edited by Angelic; 23 February 2011, 12:38.

Comment

Yup all though NID is right, the present of protein with white blood cells and the reason for antibiotic talk, sounds like you have a wee infectoin like a bladder or urine. Strong smelling or proteins in the pee can be a sign of various infections and preggo women are generally prone to it.

Especially with the amount of discharge etc that you produce.

Nothing to worry about if she deems it necessary to treat the wee infection (generally they heal themselves) then take them.

Comment

nice that she wont speculate over your own pee!

when will it be back in about a week?

Comment

WBC (white blood cells) are immune system which help a human body resist infections and foreign bodies. The kidney usually block cells from urine. Your immune system could be low/you may have a wee infection/a side effect to medication your taking.

Gerry x

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I've had no sign of a urine infection or anything (stinging/blood) so I guess I'll have to wait until she phones next week to find out if it's that.

xx

Comment

Just been searching threads and came across this oldish one.

I had a Hospital appointment this week for ultrasound of my bladder and a check on my prostate and a flow test plus this test and it showed I had a high amount of White Blood Cells in my urine.

They said it could be due to the aspirin I had been taking for the last 21 yrs to thin my blood because of a stroke I had however I am not sure how aspirin could put White Blood Cells in my urine.

Furthermore I have to go back to have a camera put up both ends so they can see what is going on.

Regards

Comment

Asparagus does that to some people 'smell in urine'

Perhaps may off gone of topic on that one
                      Last edited by 5corpio; 17 June 2011, 19:49.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Apparently, kidney stones (even little ones) can cause it.

Comment

Kidney stones are forigen objects so your body will release white blood cells to fight it.

Asparagus makes your pee and other male fluids smell of it.

Comment

Asparagus
                            Cant stand that stuff so that can be ruled out.

Kidney stones
                            Nothing showed up when they checked my kidneys with ultrasound

This has been an ongoing problem for 18 mths now, and had to switch GP to get anything done as my previous GP was quite happy to just prescribe indoramin without any diagnosis as to route cause.

Regards

Comment

Hi Pompeyfaith,
                              The white blood cells can be present for various reasons, most obvious being a urinary tract infection. Other causes include prostatitis which might tie in with your other tests. Long term use of analgesics can cause microscopic damage to the kidney structure leading to white cells being present. Treatment is usually to simply stop the analgesics.
                              Much depends on your overall symptoms though, but don't be afraid to question every result with your GP so you understand it to your full satisfaction.
                              Shepherdess x
                              Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 18 June 2011, 14:32. Reason: signed my CAG name, LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X