GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Winter Payment Allowance to fall in 2011 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Payment Allowance to fall in 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Payment Allowance to fall in 2011

I have only just discovered this:
    Winter fuel allowance to fall in 2011 - March - 2011 - Which? News

Bearing in mind that the cost of both electricity and gas will go up by between 16 - 18%, not forgetting the rising cost of central heating oil and solid fuel.
    One is quite shocked!!!

Re: Winter Payment Allowance to fall in 2011

So. a choice between heat or eat!

Sadly, the 'Big Society' looks like it may well get smaller!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      So. a choice between heat or eat!

Sadly, the 'Big Society' looks like it may well get smaller!
      It is disgraceful; a 25% cut for the over 80's!

Comment

The latest price increases will effect the elderly because many of them are on a lower tariff due to DLA and/or pension, however this only puts you on the suppliers lowest tariff so these lowest tariffs will increase like the rest.

So with the latest increases and the cut in fuel allowance will see many either turning down or off there heating and that is not good for the elderly.

Shame on the energy suppliers and the government

Comment

Pensioners to lose up to £100 in winter fuel payments | Money |
          guardian.co.uk

BBC News - Poorest pensioners face concern
          Last edited by Angry Cat; 21 July 2011, 15:55.

Comment

I suppose this can be counted as a two pronged attack. The government bunch of shisters will save money by the cut, and I suppose many will perish as a consequence. I suppose that in turn will "ease" the burden/blackhole regards pensions and thus lower the deficit. A WIN:WIN situation for the cronies in downing street.

Perphaps if we stopped the winter fuel payments to ex-pats in warmer countries who dont actually need help with heating costs, and stopped the payments to those that dont need them - ie the rich (such as THE QUEENwho gets enough of OUR money anyway!!) then this would help also. IIRC Peter Stringfellow returned his last year stating whay do I need it?

He had a point.PS -

If the above offends you, then you clearly dont know me as well as others on here - I can be blunt and who else isnt the way this country is run.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
            X