GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Childminders to be deregulated proposal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Childminders to be deregulated proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childminders to be deregulated proposal

Hi all

Could I please make an appeal for you to sign this petition :
    Education Petition: UK Government: Reject proposals to deregulate childminders. | Change.org

I'm sure you will be aware following recent news on the tv and the radio that the government is considering de-regulating childminders.
    Under the current Ofsted system, childcare providers are inspected every 3 or 4 years, this helps to maintain standards not just for childminders that value the work they do, but also for children and parents alike.

De regulating is not the way to go as a cost cutting exercise! When the EYFS/Ofsted were brought in a few years ago, a considerable number of undesireable minders left because of the paperwork and inspections involved, the ones that would sit a group of children in front of the tv for hours on end, the ones that would have a houseful but didn't 'do anything' with them.
    Childminders that embraced the new system have worked extremely hard and long hours, and in many cases at their own cost (not just financially, but losing valuable time with their own families) to train, train, and train again, and be recognized as childcare professionals in their own right as opposed to the 'glorified babysitters' they once were, and will become again if the government gets it's way!

MP Elizabeth Truss would like to see an agency type system similar to the failed dutch one, which if you google you will be able to draw your own conclusions about the strength of feeling about this ridiculous proposal

I would really appreciate you taking the time to sign this petition, and if you would like more information before doing so, then google deregulation for childminders and you will find lots or pm me

Many many thanks in advance

Always x
Working...
X