GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script First bus bond repayment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First bus bond repayment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First bus bond repayment

Looking for a bit of advice on what to write in a letter to First Bus. My son worked for first bus for just over a year, leaving due to awful shift pattern. He signed an agreement to pay for a bond for his training over the next two years.

He's had a letter reminding him he needs to pay around £700 back.

When he left, they didn't pay him for the first week he worked or any holiday he was owed. He contacted them about this and they told him that he doesn't get paid for his first week.

I want to write to them but not sure if I should, plus I don't know what to say. Is the agreement he signed worth the paper it's written on when it's put down as a bond? His latest letter says "legal action may be taken to recover full costs'. Hope this makes sense and any help appreciated.

Re: First bus bond repayment

I don't have a clue but didn't want to read and run.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X