GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Medical discharge from the Royal Navy - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical discharge from the Royal Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical discharge from the Royal Navy

HELP PLEASE ANYONE - Now urgent as dicharge looming

Not sure if this is the best place to post - I am looking to help my sister and her husband , who is serving in the forces and is going to get discharged on medical grounds shortly, losing his home ( married quarters),his chance of promotion which he was working on when he got injured,the full pension due to him from the forces,the final golden handshake which was due to him in 18 months time when he would have finished his service and his and his familys dream of a new life in New Zealand.
    Pretty harsh but more so when it came to light that the forces had recomended that he take a lesser part in certain physical exercises, due to his ongoing medical issues.
    Any ideas anyone?

Matty

Re: Medical discharge from the Royal Navy

Would he be entitled to anything under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme

http://www.veterans-uk.info/pensions/discharge.html

Comment

Also check out turn to us which is a site of many grants including quiet a few military ones.

Turn2us - to access benefits and grants

Comment

Try the Royal British Legion for advice. Also the Reserve Forces and Cadet's Association are supposed to look after the needs of ex servicemen, I wouldn't hold out too much hope with these though as they tend to be staffed by retired paid Senior Officers.

The Legion on the other hand have no political axe to grin and will offer the best advice.

Regards, Handy
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Here is another list of places

Royal Naval Association (RNA) : Related Organisations

Comment

Thanks everyone - much appreciated.
            I shall start trawling & let you know how I get on.

Matty

Comment

MattyA.

After you posted first time I started looking into medical discharge from the armed forces out of curiosity. I found a frightening statistic: more war veterans died from suicide as a result of PTSD and depression after the Falklands War, than died in action fighting it. The point being that the Government simply doesn't provide the financial resources to treat our troops after they've given their all in the line of duty and the compensation is woefully inadequate. Shocking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1758301.stm
              Last edited by PlanB; 9 July 2012, 21:45. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...
              X