GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script IF ESA IS DECLINED!!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF ESA IS DECLINED!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF ESA IS DECLINED!!!!

Hubby been on IB for many years now due to accident causing horific Spinal injuries and 3 unsuccessful spinal surgeries. Can anybody tell us if they decline Hubby's ESA50 application and we appeal does he lose his benefits while we are appealing....know I'm looking into the future, but with the results we have been seeing and hearing we are expecting the worst. Sent ESA application yesterday so now waiting patiently for the ticking time bomb to go off.

Would it also mean he would lose his other benefit-DLA (not been assessed for new PIP yet, was awarded it for life so maybe next year sometime) .

His GP gave us a letter saying she would hope he would be spared a medical due to his mobility and mental health problems i.e severe depression (which posibily could be better if they saw him they may understand his disabilities and depression better (trying to put down on paper was horrendous, makes people more depressed.

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated....

Re: IF ESA IS DECLINED!!!!

Hi Miss M,

I am unsure of the rules with the new benefits regimes, but IB was always paid up until appeal. Pompeyfaith is the real expert on this stuff. If he does not come along to have a word, drop him a PM, I'm sure he won't mind.

Best of Luck
    regards
    G

Comment

Re: IF ESA IS DECLINED!!!!

I'll leave it for Pompey to answer the ESA bits...I know the rules seem to change every other day bloody DWP!

IF appeal is needed other stuff DLA etc wont be touched as it's a seperate entity...when PIP does finally come in i've been reliably informed that they'll be looking at all "life" or "indefinate" grants around 2015 or so..so little while yet

Comment

Working...
      X