GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Mortgage Admin fees/ House Insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Mortgage Admin fees/ House Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming Mortgage Admin fees/ House Insurance

Hi,
    We were just wondering if anyone knows if you can reclaim mortgage charges.

Is it possible to claim back charges that we have been charged over the years for changing to a new product by our building society, as we have always had these fees charged to our mortgage account and we changed deals when one fixed rate ran out to another fixed rate and we were charged for the new product.

We never had any Mortgage protection insurance but from what we can remember we had to take out their preferred company for home insurance as a condition of obtaining a mortgage with their building society, they added the premium to our mortgage repayments which we paid for quite a number of years.

Any input would be much appreciated, thanks
    Last edited by what2donext; 7 September 2012, 12:13.

Re: Reclaiming Mortgage Admin fees/ House Insurance

Hiya

Thank you for posting up.

I believe this is reclaimable, also just to ask was there any arrears as well, if you don't mind me asking?
    These can often be excessive and with mine when I was in hardship a few years ago, I had them paid back to me.

Please is there anyone else that can post of their own experience with this matter pretty please?

Thank you. x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hiya

Thank you for posting up.

I believe this is reclaimable, also just to ask was there any arrears as well, if you don't mind me asking?
      These can often be excessive and with mine when I was in hardship a few years ago, I had them paid back to me.

Please is there anyone else that can post of their own experience with this matter pretty please?

Thank you. x
      Thanks for posting Di
      We cannot remember if there were any arrears there could well have been quite a few years ago if there was they were also added to the mortgage.
      Thanks again

Comment

Bumpety Bump

Your welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X