GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lending Stream

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Yup definately - ball is now in their court, and Natty has control of the situation now. Hopefully this will be the end of it apart from the odd half-hearted threat-o-gram over the next few years.
    Fingers crossed SnV

Comment

Hi SnV,

I hope all is well with you.

I have received a letter from the FOS on Friday in relation to my Lending Stream case.

The letter basically says that my case is awaiting to be assigned to an Ombudsman, it mentions that I will have a response within 6 months and they will keep me updated on the progress of my case.

I guess it is just a waiting game.

Have a good week.

Warmest wishes

Natty

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post
        Hi SnV,

I hope all is well with you.

I have received a letter from the FOS on Friday in relation to my Lending Stream case.

The letter basically says that my case is awaiting to be assigned to an Ombudsman, it mentions that I will have a response within 6 months and they will keep me updated on the progress of my case.

I guess it is just a waiting game.

Have a good week.

Warmest wishes

Natty
        Well thats 6 months to the account becoming statute barred. It'll be interesting to see if the ombudsman has a different view but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It does however give you breathing space - LS should not pursue you for any payments while the investigation is ongoing, and if they do, then report that also.

As for P2P, well they are in breach of the requirements of them to respond to your complaint, and I doubt you'll hear from them now. Most likely thing now is they will sell the account to the Avarto Group (a bunch of debt collectors), and then we can immediately put them on the back foot too
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          Well thats 6 months to the account becoming statute barred. It'll be interesting to see if the ombudsman has a different view but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It does however give you breathing space - LS should not pursue you for any payments while the investigation is ongoing, and if they do, then report that also.

As for P2P, well they are in breach of the requirements of them to respond to your complaint, and I doubt you'll hear from them now. Most likely thing now is they will sell the account to the Avarto Group (a bunch of debt collectors), and then we can immediately put them on the back foot too
          SnV, I will be totally shocked if the Ombudsman sides with me. Yes I will not be holding my breath, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

The word debt collectors stresses me out! But I have got this far with your guidance and support. I am sure I can manage another hurdle.

Would P2P really sell my account to a DCA, even though they have sent me an email with their complaints procedure advising they are looking into my case? Mind you that was about 11 weeks ago now and I have not heard a dickie.

Thanks again for for sticking with me. It is now 7 months since I started this thread.

Comment

Natty, if they sell to a debt collector whilst there is an unresolved complaint we have a very good letter to send them. They don't have debt collector on their envelopes.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              Natty, if they sell to a debt collector whilst there is an unresolved complaint we have a very good letter to send them. They don't have debt collector on their envelopes.
              Thank you Cymrua. I know I can get through this with all the wonderful support on this forum.

Comment

The word debt collectors stresses me out!
                Debt collection agencies are no different to a stranger off the street hassling you for money. Ignore the misleading and inaccurate Eastenders story lines. DCA's are NOT bailiffs (though they sometimes try to present themselves as such), they have no right of access to your home, they cannot turn up and and remove goods etc and they have no more legal power than the milkman.

They may threaten, bluster, lie but we will help you how to deal with that.

Would P2P really sell my account to a DCA, even though they have sent me an email with their complaints procedure advising they are looking into my case?
                Yes they would - but we will deal with that when it happens. If they do so with your complaint outstanding only works in your favour as another thing to show they are being unreasonable.

It is now 7 months since I started this thread.
                Yes and you have to give yourself massive credit on that fact - look how far you've come. It's YOU that has stood up to these @holes and wouldn't let yourself be bullied. The earth hasn't blown up, and your life is still ticking along, and all the bad things you thought would happen have not. Hopefully you've realized its your own fears that give these people the most power over you, and once those fears have gone they have nothing
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Thanks SnV,

I am so much stronger than when I first typed my inital post in January, and this is thanks to you and the other wonderful, amazing people on this forum who give up their time to offer guidance & support.

Warmest wishes
                  Natty

Comment

That's a lovely thing o say Natty thank you from all of us xx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Re: Lending Stream

"Hi Craigie,

I have ongoing issues with Lending Stream. I am not an expert on this forum, however the advice I would like to pass on is to take onboard everything that SnV advises you. Back in January I was at breaking point, thankfully SnV and the other wonderful people have offered me guidance and support in dealing with Lending Stream.

It it is now 7 months later and I feel much stronger and positive. The Lending Stream issues are still ongoing, but I am in charge, thanks to SnV and the rest of the fantastic people.

If you follow all there advice you will be ok, I am 100% sure of that.

Just to mention that if you do not receive a response right away do not panic. The people that help you give up their valuable time and may be dealing with their own issues, however they will get back to you.

Natty "

Natty, how great to see your positive posts. You are sounding so much more confident and in control.

Comment

Natty, how great to see your positive posts. You are sounding so much more confident and in control.
                        [/QUOTE]

Cymru,

It is all down to the support of the kind people of AAD forum

x

Comment

Natty. I ve been following your thread from the start, it just caught my interest, This website is a sanctuary, no one on here who stays is in debt through deliberate actions, or just don t want to pay what they owe. I have learnt a lot this last couple of years thanks to the support and expertise on here, and I am the "grandma", of an age when you paid what you owe and no questioning. However today especially these people are not genuine, they often take advantage of people who are vulnerable , like ourselves. So they do not deserve our respect or our money. Very often they have already profited on the amount lent in the first couple of months or years.

DCA make me feel sickly, but when they get exposed for their lack of knowledge and greed for money, on here, it strengthens me. They are really quite thick when compared with the knowledge on here. I like to read other peoples threads . it gives me strength whilst waiting for my own problem to be resolved.

You re doing alright and I am sure you will be stronger in any money deals in the future...

Susibling365 xx
                          If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Natty, it's so good to see you posting your support on other lending stream threads

That's what's good about this forum, we all support each other where we can and help others to learn from our experiences.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi SnV & all,

Just an update! still no news from the Ombudsnan in relation to my LS dispute. I have still not heard from P2P, I guess I am still in the too difficult pile.

I hope you are all well and have a good weekend.

warmest wishes to all

Natty

Comment

That's great to hear. How are you and how is dad?

Comment

Working...
                                X