GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
    Thanks SnV, would they be aware that I made an offer to Speedloan in 2013 which was refused.
    I rather doubt it.

I guess the question is what do you want to do with this? The choices haven't changed from all that time ago, my only thought is that we're over 3 years down the line so personally I'd be a little more reluctant to be offering payment plans and more inclined to be hardball.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Speedloan(Part of Albermarle and Bond)
      Started approximately 2004 as cheque cashing, stopped cheque cashing a few months ago, and converted into a loan.
      Interest paid to Albermarle and Bond from 2004 to 2013 £16,320

Loan £800
      Owe £1120 including interest
      Default charges £112
      Monthly payments £112
      Last payment beginning July 2013
      Defaulted August 2013
      Received text from Speedloan 2nd September
      Wrote to Speedloan 4th September
      Received letter in the post from Speedloan 7th September rejecting my offer.
      Received letter in the post from Speedloan 18th September, asking me to contact them urgently, give bank account and debit card details,to set up direct debit.
      Received text message from Speedloan 26th September to discuss account
      Received default notice in the post from Speedloan 3rd October in normal post
      Wrote to Speedloan 10th October
      Received Notice of sum of arrears in the post from Speedloan 12th October in normal post
      Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my speedloan dated 19th October, received 23rd October
      Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my Speedloan dated 24th October received 28th October
      Wrote to Chantry collections 7th November
      Received Important notice from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 5th November received 9th November
      Received letter from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 8th November received 11th November
      Received letter in the post from Speedloan dated 13th November received 14th November
      Received call from Clair Westbury at Speedloan 19th November asking me to send my I&E to put this matter to a close.
      Received call from Clair Westbury at Speedloan 20th November asking me to send my I&E to put this matter to a close.
      Resent to I&E to Speedloan 21st November.
      Received letter from Speedloan 23rd November dated 22nd November.
      Received letter from Speedloan 23rd January dated 21st January 2013
      Received letter from Speedloan dated 29th December 2014
      Received letter from Motormile Finance dated 3rd September 2015
      Received letter from Motormile Finance dated 29th December 2016
      Received letter from Moriarty Law dated 12th January 2017
      Received letter from Motormile Finance dated 7th January 2017
      Received letter from Moriarty law dated 31st January 2017

Received a letter from Moriarty law dated 31st January 2017.
      Re: Motormile Finance UK Ltd
      Please find enclosed the relevant documents in response to your query regarding your account. In order to discuss your account please contact us on 0203 126 4544. Contact must be made within the next 14 days otherwise further action will take place on your account.

They have enclosed a loan processing checklist, fixed sum loan agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974,direct debit instruction, credit and identity check authorisation, affordability calculator, a copy of my wage slip, a copy of my passport,a copy of my debit car, and copies of my bank statement

Comment

What is the next step given that they have provided me with this information, court?

Comment

What is the next step given that they have provided me with this information, court?
          No and yes - you cannot predict what a creditor may or may not do. Knowling Motormile they're more likely to embark on a course of harassment as a next step.

But the reason I asked you whether you could PM me a redacted copy of the credit agreement was to see whats in the prescribed terms, and whether they could for example, make a claim for statutory or contractual interest. Its important to know the risks so you can make a fully informed judgement on how you want to approach things.

Chances of them being successful in claiming the latter are minimal, and you'd argue a breach of the unfair relationship provisions, but lets concentrate on next step, not theoretical future steps.
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SnV, I did not receive a PM from you if you have sent any this week. They sent me a paper copy of the agreement. I won't be able to get to a scanner until tomorrow. Have sent you a PM.

Comment

There is a very good app called scannable (available on apple not sure about android). I've used it a few times now and it works well.

Comment

Thanks JLC , I have a windows phone, just checked, and sadly its not available.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  No and yes - you cannot predict what a creditor may or may not do. Knowling Motormile they're more likely to embark on a course of harassment as a next step.

But the reason I asked you whether you could PM me a redacted copy of the credit agreement was to see whats in the prescribed terms, and whether they could for example, make a claim for statutory or contractual interest. Its important to know the risks so you can make a fully informed judgement on how you want to approach things.

Chances of them being successful in claiming the latter are minimal, and you'd argue a breach of the unfair relationship provisions, but lets concentrate on next step, not theoretical future steps.
                  Hi SnV,

How do I attach a Pdf file in a private message, or do you have a site email address.

Comment

Hi cecilia. Unfortunately you can't attach a pdf file to a PM but SnV's forum email address is in his signature.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thanks Pixie, I have just emailed SnV. My email has just bounced back as undeliverable.

Comment

Oh right. I know Niddy was talking about doing away with our forum emails. Then maybe post up here with any identifying bits blocked out.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

SnV, I don’t know whether this is the information you want. I was unable to send you the PDF of the document via PM, and the email was returned. I have given you some of the terms that I think you may be interested in.
                          Amount of credit £800
                          Interest£ 544
                          Total charge for credit £544
                          Total amount payable £1344
                          Total amount payable by first instalment £112
                          Rate of interest 108.61% pa fixed
                          Apr 182.8% calculated at the time of making this agreement on the assumption that this agreement remains in force for the term of the agreement and that you promptly perform your obligations under this agreement.
                          Default interest and charges
                          We may charge you default interest in accordance with clause 4 of the terms and conditions of this agreement, at above the interest rate, that is 108.61% for each day you still owe the payment. We can charge this interest even after we have obtained a court judgment against you.
                          We may also require payment of our reasonable charges arising from late payment for (a) each payment reminder letter or document to which you are not otherwise entitled (b) each cheque, card payment, standing order or direct debit which is rejected, dishonoured stopped or otherwise not paid by you. Where known at the date this of this agreement, our costs for the above are (a) £10 and for (b) £15 and otherwise as we will notify you.
                          See also clause 4(b) for our costs for enforcing this agreement, which includes recovery of our costs or charges payable by us to third parties acting on our behalf. We may vary our charges for business, operational or legal reasons and will give you notice if we do so.
                          Clause 4 Default interest and charges
                          a)If you fail to pay us any amount you owe us under this agreement by the due date we may, in addition to our other rights, charge you default interest on that from the due date of payment until its receipt by us, at the interest rate shown in this agreement, both before and after any judgment.
                          b) you agree to pay us any costs and charges shown in this agreement, which may become payable by you, and our reasonable legal and other costs for enforcing this agreement, including any payable to third parties acting on your behalf.
                          c) we may vary our charges for business, operational or legal reasons and will give you notice if we do so.

Clause 5 our right to demand earlier payment
                          We will be entitled to assume that you refuse to comply with the terms of this agreement and to demand payment of the outstanding balance under this agreement, after giving you a default notice, if:
                          a) you break any of the provisions of clauses 2(payment by you) or 3(change of address) of this agreement.
                          b) you provided false information when entering this agreement.
                          c) Not withstanding our rights to do so, we forego our rights to institute bankruptcy proceedings against you or take out a charging order against your home.

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Apologies, I've not been around for a few weeks as had some of my own personal stuff to deal with that needed my 100% attention.

Have you heard any more from Motormile?

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Apologies, I've not been around for a few weeks as had some of my own personal stuff to deal with that needed my 100% attention.

Have you heard any more from Motormile?
                              No apologies needed SnV, I hope you are okay. I have not heard from Motormile, but you know they handed it to Moriarty law. Will let you know as soon as I hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X