GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed

Thanks

Will I send the letter by email and post on the day of default? It's this Thursday 28th?
    I have canceled the registered card they have an no wages going to that account, moved to a diff bank, I did mention like 8 months ago they did have those details, hopefully I shudder be ok as I got a new debit card for this acct?
    If I get loads of calls on mobile ill keep a note and get a letter template from u?
    Hopefully me changing the work line on express n payday will halt those calls for now, I'm most worried about them coming thru on switchboard, on my email that I'm sending, I will also repeat that I will simply not be accepting calls whilst in work as its not allowed.
    Thanks for all the advise SnV
    I guess all I can do now is wait, post email and see what they say! ��

Comment

Good luck Tinkers.

The hardest step is always the first in taking back control.

Comment

Thanks ken, I feel like I've started to take control and get out of this mess, I am literally dreaming about this when I sleep! I will prob need advice and support over the next few weeks...

Comment

Hi salt n vinegar

I mentioned to u that I've arranged wages to go to an old account I had with IF, all current pdls are with ulster bank but I did use this old account about year ago.

Is it possible that they wud hold old details or only the registered card details?
          Guess I'm having a panic as its near D day and looking reassurance ��

Comment

Defaulted today on payday uk and payday express
            Payday uk have emailed me looking me to complete I &E form

Comment

Hi well expect a zillion calls from PDE but if it was me I would answer once and tell them that all communication in writing only then log every call

MEM probably the same

Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Hi Jon

Last week I took some advise off this site, went online and changed my work and mobile numbers for pd ex and pd uk.
                I explained in email letter I will only communicate in writing, so far just Pd uk replied asking to fill out I&E form
                Which I've done and sent back.
                Wonga is due to default on Sunday , no funds in that account anyway, when shud I email them? Tomorrow or Sunday!??? I'm stuck with that one, don't know what's best
                I also went online and wonga only seem to have the registered details and my old bank acct doesn't seem to be showing, I had wages paid to my old bank and was slightly panicking they may still have those details??? I can only see the one account primary online so I'm hoping I'm ok?????????
                Last edited by Tinkers78; 28 February 2013, 17:21. Reason: Adding more info

Comment

Hi Tinkers
                  Well all I can say is smarty pants

As for Wonga, I think you should be ok but I can not be certain. Are you sure it's due out on Sunday as they would normally ask for your payday which , if a sunday would actually be a friday...see what I mean.
                  Anyway can you get to your bank tomorrow, if so take a letter in telling them that you do not wish them to pay any payments to Wonga.com (not sure anymore if that is the name they use to take payments). You could of course always give them a call tonight (the bank) just to tell them that and that you weill be dropping a letter in tomorrow.

I am sorry if I am being over cautious and panicking you, I am no expert at dealing with PDL's although I am pretty good at taking out loans with them haha

Comment

My wages are in a completely different account
                    The details they have have no funds in them, I checked online and they only seem to have the primary bank details, which is the bank with no money in it.
                    The promise date is def sun 3rd, checked today.
                    They def don't seem to have old bank details as that bank hasn't been used with them in 10 months or so and registered one has no funds anyway, do u not think that will be ok?
                    Reading diff forums and they seem to agree to payment plans.

Comment

I think they do as they have been in trouble with OFT before.
                      No promises but I think you will be ok

Comment

I hope so , m so tired from worrying, I've been Sick for nearly two wks now, chest n throat infection, I'm sure the stress hasn't helped my recovery!

Comment

Hi Tinkers

As long as the PDL companies do not have the details of the bank account your wages are in you should be safe.

I know its easier said than done, but try not to worry.

At the end of the day they cannot get more money out of you than you can afford so they can go whistle.

Payday Express are easy to fend off.

Payday UK will probably set 'Keyes Whitlock Legal' on you. They are actually part of MEM finance - as is PDUK. They are one and the same. As with PDE they are easy to fend off.

Wonga may be reasonable - they are having to be.

Don't worry - kick back and if they do phone you just refuse to answer security questions.

You can then start putting things in writing - they hate this!

Best
                          SnV
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi sant n vinegar

I'm confused and worried now.

They did used to have these details about 8 to 10 months ago, I got a new debit card for this account this week
                            All current loans are with the ulster bank and that now has no money in it?
                            Do you think they wud still have these details, I thought they wud only have the registered card?
                            I may lift my rent money tomor, and pay and necessary bills then maybe transfer some funds over to my paypal account until I get payment plans set up.
                            Only heard back from Pduk so far, wonga doesn't default until Sunday!????
                            Can you p,s advise me further on this, my stomach is in knots!

Comment

They should not have your details especially as you have a new card. When do you get paid?
                              Maybe time to have a stash of cash for a few days just in case

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkers78 View Post
                                Hi sant n vinegar

I'm confused and worried now.

They did used to have these details about 8 to 10 months ago, I got a new debit card for this account this week
                                All current loans are with the ulster bank and that now has no money in it?
                                Do you think they wud still have these details, I thought they wud only have the registered card?
                                I may lift my rent money tomor, and pay and necessary bills then maybe transfer some funds over to my paypal account until I get payment plans set up.
                                Only heard back from Pduk so far, wonga doesn't default until Sunday!????
                                Can you p,s advise me further on this, my stomach is in knots!
                                Hi Tinkers

Ok, slow down and actually read what I've posted.

"As long as they don't have the details of your BANK ACCOUNT your wages should be safe" is what I said.

I didn't mention the debit card - these details are different to your bank account, and most PDL companies don't ask for your bank details.

If you have a new debit card then they shouldn't be able to use the continuous payment authority to try to take money from your account.

What you can, and should do, is contact your bank and inform them that you are withdrawing the continuous payment authority from these companies on ANY cards associated with your bank account.

So as long as you have never given the sort code and account number of the bank account your wages are paid into you should be fine they will not be able to set up a sneaky direct debit to try to take any money.

If you have internet/telephone banking you can easily check if this has been done.

Jons suggestion of taking out the cash you need to get by is sensible just to be safe - just make sure you only spend it on what its intended for, not down the pub

Just try to relax - I know its difficult but you when they start their intimidation tactics its this stress that they rely on to bully you into paying more than you can realistically afford.

TBH I'd be offering them nothing, and telling them to go and procreate, but lets see how they behave.

Best
                                SnV
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X