GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pre 2010 State Pension Statements - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre 2010 State Pension Statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 2010 State Pension Statements

Can anyone help me with this?
    I've been looking through my State Pension Statements pre-2010 and have one dated 2005 stating that my State Pension, once reaching State Pension Age, would be £79.60 plus an additional pension of £25.41. I am assuming this was based retiring at 60.

Can anyone here confirm these payments are in fact based on the projected State Pension for 2013 (that's when I reached 60 and should have received my state pension!).
    Excuse my ignorance on this. I am aware that additional pension is based on NI contributions.
    thanks
    Axx

Re: Pre 2010 State Pension Statements

I've copied your post and started your own thread so it doesn't get lost on Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign! and get overlooked.

IF
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Re: Pre 2010 State Pension Statements

Originally posted by AnnaK53 View Post
      Can anyone help me with this?
      I've been looking through my State Pension Statements pre-2010 and have one dated 2005 stating that my State Pension, once reaching State Pension Age, would be £79.60 plus an additional pension of £25.41. I am assuming this was based retiring at 60.

Can anyone here confirm these payments are in fact based on the projected State Pension for 2013 (that's when I reached 60 and should have received my state pension!).
      Excuse my ignorance on this. I am aware that additional pension is based on NI contributions.
      thanks
      Axx
      Hi Anna
      I assume that this was a pension forecast which you requested from the Gov't department. These forecasts estimate what your pension would be at your normal retirement age, so if it was done in 2005 your normal retirement age would still have been expected to be 60, I believe. I can't recall though whether they are calculated at 'present day' values, ie they don't make allowance for annual increases between forecast date and retirement, but only calculate based on contributions x anticipated number of years.

Edit: This link may help http://www.web40571.clarahost.co.uk/...PA_history.htm

(I am surprised that your statements do not show at least one of your anticipated retirement date, or retirement age.) What you should perhaps do is request an up to date pension forecast.

Further edit: I think I was mistaken above, but the table in the following link should enable you to pinpoint your anticipated retirement age under the 1995 Act. (the increases were accelerated by the 2007 Act). http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted
      Last edited by Still Waving; 6 May 2014, 11:50.

Comment

Working...
      X