Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charges

Hi all,

I've just had £25 of charges on my account, I've been checking it every few days but some stuff I spent while abroad has taken a couple of weeks to come out so I got confused.

It really was just an oversight. I had a grand in another account with them, so it's obvious that I would have transferred the money if I'd realised.

I haven't had any charges for a few years.

I'm going to ask them nicely to refund the charges, does anyone have any tips on what I should say? I'm also a bit nervous that I might have more next month, especially since these charges took me overdrawn.

Annoyingly, they don't flag up on IB that there's going to be charges.

Re: Charges

I think you've mentioned the most important things. Ask them nicely, point out you've never incurred fees before, or not for ages, and above all remember that they have the right to do what they've done legally, but morally they are wrong. It's a case of swallowing your pride and going cap in hand in order to get your own way.

Comment

Thanks. Do you think it's better to do it in person or in writing?

Comment

Whenever it's happened to me I've phoned them with a very apologetic voice, got the charges taken off, then come off feeling smug, thinking what a bunch of wan, sorry ban---kers!

Comment

Working...
        X