GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays UK writes off £680m of credit card debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays UK writes off £680m of credit card debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays UK writes off £680m of credit card debt

Barclays UK writes off £680m of credit card debt

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 25th February 2017 08:07
    Barclays UK’s pre-tax profit increased 197 percent during the full year 2016, according to a results statement released today (February 23). The bank’s pre-tax profit increased more than £1.1bn, from £585m in 2015 to £1.7bn in 2016, reflecting lower provisions for UK customer redress.Bad debt levels in consumer lending across the year are also given in the full results.The announcement states that Barclays UK had written off £683m of credit card debt in 2016, compared to £488m in 2015 – an increase of 40 percent.The bank also wrote off £183m of personal banking debts in 2016. This was a six percent decrease compared to 2015’s figure of £194m. Another decrease found in the results statement was in Barclays UK litigation and conduct costs.There was a year-on-year decrease of 50 percent recorded between 2015 and 2016, from £2.5bn to £1bn......Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Barclays UK writes off £680m of credit card debt

A good % of that will be AAD members - never lost to Barclays yet!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Barclays UK writes off £680m of credit card debt

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      A good % of that will be AAD members - never lost to Barclays yet!
      Very reassuring!

Comment

Working...
      X