GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Energy firms told to refund customers after gas meters mistake - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy firms told to refund customers after gas meters mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy firms told to refund customers after gas meters mistake

Energy firms told to refund customers after gas meters mistake

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 15th August 2016 07:16
    Energy firms have been ordered to refund thousands of gas customers affected by a meter reading mistake.

The error - caused by companies confusing measurements from older imperial meters with modern metric ones - is believed to have affected more than 100,000 customers. "We have written to suppliers and asked them to refund affected customers," an Ofgem spokesperson told the BBC. Trade body Energy UK said firms were "working hard" to address the issue. The trade association, which represents the major energy companies, said "detailed analysis" showed "an extremely small number of accounts" had been affected. "Any customer affected will be contacted shortly by their supplier and where there has been overcharging, a refund will be issued as quickly as possible," it added. The energy regulator Ofgem is expected to issue a formal statement on Monday.........

Source: HERE to read more

Some of our other AAD Blog Pages:

E.On to pay £7m for smart meter failure - Click HERE to read more

The great smart meter rip-off - Click HERE to read more

Which? warns of energy smart meter 'fiasco' - Click HERE to read more

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Energy firms told to refund customers after gas meters mistake

What is a cubic foot?

That's what you get when you outsource to India or Russia. Anybody like a tee-shirt?

Comment

Working...
    X