GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Osborne Admits Disability Cuts Were A Mistake - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osborne Admits Disability Cuts Were A Mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osborne Admits Disability Cuts Were A Mistake

Osborne Admits Disability Cuts Were A Mistake

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 23rd March 2016 07:34
    The Chancellor admits his unpopular disability benefit cuts were wrong and will be scrapped saying: "We are all in this together."

George Osborne has confirmed disability benefit cuts will not go ahead as he faced down MPs in Parliament for the first time since his Budget unravelled. The Chancellor admitted he had made a mistake by including plans for £4.4bn of cuts to the Personal Independence Payments in his Budget but said he had listened and they would now be dropped. And he added that the Government had "no further plans to make welfare savings", which would now leave a multibillion-pound hole in Mr Osborne's pledge to run a surplus of £10bn by 2019/20.He refused to apologise for containing the measures in the Budget but he did say he was sorry that former work and pensions secretary Iain Duncan Smith had resigned over the plans - a move that has triggered a civil war in the party.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X