GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Prodial - Fined £350k For 46 Million Cold Calls - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prodial - Fined £350k For 46 Million Cold Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prodial - Fined £350k For 46 Million Cold Calls

Prodial - Fined £350k For 46 Million Cold Calls

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 1st March 2016 14:04
    Prodial made a "staggering" number of spam calls, leaving thousands of people feeling "helpless" after they could not opt out.

The largest-ever fine for cold-calling has been handed down by the Information Commissioner's Office. Brighton-based company Prodial was fined £350,000 for generating more than 46 million spam calls. More than 1,000 people complained to the ICO about the automated message calls they had received from the company, which related to PPI claims. Information Commissioner Christopher Graham said: "This is one of the worst cases of cold calling we have ever come across. "The volume of calls made in just a few months was staggering. "This was a company that knew it was breaking the law. "A company director admitted that once the ICO became involved, the company shut down. "That stopped the calls, but we want to send a clear message to other firms that this type of law-breaking will not pay. "That is why we have handed out our highest ever fine." Complainants said they were called repeatedly day and night, and given no chance to opt out, leaving them feeling "helpless".....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X