GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Well-off elderly could lose benefits including winter fuel allowance in care shake-up - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well-off elderly could lose benefits including winter fuel allowance in care shake-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well-off elderly could lose benefits including winter fuel allowance in care shake-up

Well-off elderly could lose benefits including winter fuel allowance in care shake-up

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 20th June 2012 16:08.

pensioners could lose their winter fuel payments and free TV licences to help raise money for long-term elderly care, a government adviser said...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Well-off elderly could lose benefits including winter fuel allowance in care shake-up

Cameron to slash welfare - butwealthy pensioners escape cuts to bus passes, TV licence and winter fuel payment

Further cuts to welfare will be announced by David Cameron today, with the universal benefits enjoyed by all pensioners protected while jobless families and the young bear the brunt of cost-cutting. The Prime Minister risks a Coalition row by dismissing calls for better-off pensioners to be stripped of free bus passes, television licences and the winter fuel allowance, instead targeting cuts at families with several children who do not work, and under-25s on housing benefit.Both Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg have made clear they favour a raid on such benefits for senior citizens....Read more here: Benefits-cuts-wealthy-pensioners-bus-passes-TV-licence-winter-fuel-payment
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Well-off elderly could lose benefits including winter fuel allowance in care shake-up

OAPs could face means tests on benefits after all, according to hints dropped by Cameron

Pensioner benefits such as free bus passes and the winter fuel allowance could be means-tested after the next election, David Cameron hinted for the first time yesterday. During the 2010 election campaign, Mr Cameron pledged to retain these benefits for all pensioners regardless of income, dismissing Labour claims that they would be cut as ‘lies, lies, lies’. But asked yesterday if the payments, which also include free prescriptions and eye tests, could be means-tested if he wins a second term, he replied: ‘At the next election we will have to set out all our plans and be very clear about what they are. Between now and then I want us to have this debate and ask these difficult questions.’....Read more here: OAPs could face means tests on benefits after all
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X