GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecil the lion: US dentist Walter Palmer apologises to patients - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecil the lion: US dentist Walter Palmer apologises to patients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cecil the lion: US dentist Walter Palmer apologises to patients

A US dentist who killed a lion in Zimbabwe has apologised to his patients in Minnesota for the disruption caused by the anger directed at him.

Walter Palmer's dental practice in Minneapolis has been closed since he was named as the tourist who shot Cecil, Zimbabwe's most famous lion.

Two Zimbabwean men have been charged over the death and local police say Mr Palmer may also face poaching charges.

He says he thought the hunt was legal and was unaware Cecil was protected.

Here ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33710613

I'd like to see him thrown to the lions.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Cecil the lion: US dentist Walter Palmer apologises to patients

Should throw whoever had the stupid idea of naming a lion 'Cecil' as well.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I saw this on the news. the hunter (though not really a hunter when using bait and the weapon, with a relatively tame lion) now being hunted.
      Last edited by alfie; 1 August 2015, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
        Should throw whoever had the stupid idea of naming a lion 'Cecil' as well.

Comment

he should have been called Leon
          the dentist though must have a small one

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

I'd like to see him thrown to the lions.....
            So would I

It doesn't matter whether or not the lion killed was famous.

Was the lion named Cecil after Cecil Rhodes?
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

....and that's not all he's done, according to the Express. What an apology for a human being.

WALTER Palmer, the loathed US dentist who sparked an international hate campaign after killing Cecil the lion, paid a woman £81,000 after she accused him of sexually harassing her.
              More: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...from-co-worker

Comment

Having spent quite a few years in Southern Africa I've seen these so called wealthy "Hunters" come along to kill animals that have been herded into a controlled area so they can be "executed" by the hunter without any personal danger to themselves, there hasn't been any real hunting for years where you would simply take your chances and track something in the open veld where at least the animal had a fair chance of evading the hunters.

I fear this latest thing with the lion has only come to light because some corrupt game park official didn't get his promised "backhander" and blew the whistle ....

Sadly there does have to be official culls of some of the more highly populated animals from time to time, but as far as individual hunting goes the only thing you should be shooting those animals with is a camera !

Comment

Comment

apparently cecils cubs are ok, as they are being looked after by his brother. whilst the rest of the pride (above) seeks out that dentist

Comment

This type of thing makes my blood boil after all animals kill for survival not sport. Love to see him out of a job vile object.
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                      X