GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FTSE 100 closes at record level - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTSE 100 closes at record level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTSE 100 closes at record level

FTSE 100 closes at record level

The FTSE 100 share index has hit a new high, passing through the previous record set on 30 December 1999.

It closed at a new peak of 6,949.63. The previous record close was 6,930.2, set at the height of the dotcom boom.

Earlier, the index also set a new intra-day high of 6,958.89, surpassing the previous figure of 6,950.6, also set on 30 December 1999.

More -------> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31611261
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: FTSE 100 closes at record level

Get ready for the next crash.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So the FTSE 100 is edging ever closer to the supposedly magic 7,000 level after climbing to 6,958.9 points this week, the highest it's been since 1999. What does that mean, and would it be a good thing?

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/why-ftse-100-soaring-above-092724624.html

Comment

At least it's helping with my stocks/shares in Asia

Comment

UK's FTSE drops away after touching new record high

More ----> https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk...153808848.html

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            UK's FTSE drops away after touching new record high
            I don't have any stocks and shares because I'm not a gambler by nature.

But I do follow the market as an indicator of the way things are heading in the property world. I use Foxtons as my benchmark and the price of their shares has been climbing steadily for the last three months

Comment

Biggest fall this year for FTSE 100

(Close): Shares in London recorded the biggest one-day fall of the year, hit by sharp losses for energy firms.

The FTSE 100 closed 2.5% lower at 6,702. BG Group fell 7.4% and Tullow Oillost 7%, after a 3.5% fall in the price of crude oil.

----> http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31813912

Comment

FTSE 100 index surges to an all-time record of 7,000

-----> http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31981356

Comment

London's blue-chip index looks set to close at a new record high today. With about 75 minutes of trading remaining, the FTSE 100 is up 0.7% at 7,065 points. The existing record closing high of 7,037.67 was reached last month.

Comment

darn!!! my balance shows £0.0 having issues with my fund manager as they updated there systems over Easter Bank Hols and can't track

Comment

Working...
                    X