GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Honesty pays off for homeless Boston man - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honesty pays off for homeless Boston man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honesty pays off for homeless Boston man

Donations of more than $110,000 (£67,000) have poured in from across the US for a Boston homeless man who returned a lost bag with $42,000 in it.

Read more----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24170670

What would you do ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Honesty pays off for homeless Boston man

How heartwarming. There is hope for the Human Race

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      How heartwarming. There is hope for the Human Race
      This is old news but still a nice story....

Diamond in the rough: Homeless man gets £95,000 for returning lost engagement ring

Here---> http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/26/diamon...-ring-3516893/
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My head would say "keep it" but I always listen to my heart, and that would say "do the right thing". If I'm given too much change, I give it back.

When I was about 11 or 12 I found a ladies purse with lots of notes in it (about £100 I think but it sure seemed a hell of a lot of money to me). It was just before Christmas and it was left on the loo roll dispenser in the ladies loo. I waited for about 20 minutes hoping she would return, and she did. I was so glad I went to the effort as she had two little children with her and was in tears when I returned it. She didn't do a collection for my honesty though The "thank you" was reward enough.
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
          My head would say "keep it" but I always listen to my heart, and that would say "do the right thing". If I'm given too much change, I give it back.

When I was about 11 or 12 I found a ladies purse with lots of notes in it (about £100 I think but it sure seemed a hell of a lot of money to me). It was just before Christmas and it was left on the loo roll dispenser in the ladies loo. I waited for about 20 minutes hoping she would return, and she did. I was so glad I went to the effort of taking all the money out before she came back as she had two little children with her and was in tears when I returned it. She didn't do a collection for my honesty though The "thank you" was reward enough.

IFYPFY......

Comment

If i found £20 id keep it, if i found a bag full of money, id probably hand it in.

Comment

Working...
            X