GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BT sells off phone boxes as demand declines - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BT sells off phone boxes as demand declines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT sells off phone boxes as demand declines

BT is selling 60 'K6' red telephone boxes, a snip at just £1,950 plus VAT and delivery

Red telephone kiosks have been used as libraries, sculptures, stores for life saving medical equipment and have even provided a storyline for The Archers. But now you can buy one of your own, as BT has decided to sell off decommissioned boxes for the first time in more than 25 years. The company is selling 60 traditional "K6" boxes, which have been fully refurbished and resprayed in the original red and black livery, for £1,950 plus VAT and delivery.The K6 was introduced in 1936 to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of the coronation of King George V, and by the end of production in 1968 there were nearly 70,000 nationwide. It was designed by architect Sir Giles Scott who was also responsible for Battersea power station, the building that now houses London's Tate Modern, and Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral. Although the Royal Fine Arts Commission endorsed Post Office red as the standard colour, Scott disapproved, recommending that the outside of urban boxes be painted silver and rural kiosks dove-grey...Read more here--: BT sells off phone boxes as demand declines
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X