GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Post Thanks! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Thanks!

I know a lot of you like to see who has thanked your posts, well now I have added a little mod to allow you to see all your recent thanks in one easy place - http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/recent_thanks.php

That will show you your recent thanks. Alternatively, just head to your profile -> About Me -> Scroll down to 'Statistics'
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Post Thanks!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I know a lot of you like to see who has thanked your posts, well now I have added a little mod to allow you to see all your recent thanks in one easy place

Comment

Are we able to turn of notifications for "thanks" given on an individual basis (or forum wide basis)? I personally don't need or want notifying if I get a thanks.
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
        Are we able to turn of notifications for "thanks" given on an individual basis (or forum wide basis)? I personally don't need or want notifying if I get a thanks.
        I think it is forum wide - I'll turn it off if it gets annoying....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
          Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I think it is forum wide - I'll turn it off if it gets annoying....
          Can you turn mine off too.........

Woke up to 6 Notifications this morning...
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Testing turning off.....
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well either people are really ungrateful for my posts (the gits) or it has worked
              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I'm still getting the damn annoying things.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                  I'm still getting the damn annoying things.
                  You turned it off earlier, but it was forum wide. So I went and put it back on - lets leave it this weekend, if people get annoyed we'll turn it off or I'll write code to separate it to user specific in their options. But today I am knackered and want to hit the pub

I'll PM you the hack/mod details and see if you can find a way round it if you want...? Some users will like it, and other vB 4 forums have the same... you can in theory link all updates and mentions to the notification tab so anything that mentions you or involves you would flash up there - I didn't think it was that annoying, but granted I expect to see a PM when I see it light up!!

Comment

LB had it, and enough people found it annoying that they turned it off again if I remember.

Comment

Think it needs to go.....I've now shopped checking my Notifications....

Comment

It's up to Riz, he can decide. I am off to pub now mate

Comment

Ok I have left the hack on but turned off notifications. To access it just use the link in post 1

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/recent_thanks.php

Comment

I would say disable it unless there is a way to opt in on a per user basis. I don't think it really serves any useful purpose. Not enough to justify anyway...?

Comment

Yep the notifications are off. I'll add a wee link to your recent thanks in a drop down at the top, maybe in the Forum Actions drop down link? So users can access their thanks if they want

Comment

Working...
                              X