GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pip's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pip's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pip's UE Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Then niddy rewrote the template incorporating it:---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Pookies UE Diary
    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    On to another matter, regards your continual harassment by telephone - you've now forced me to get rid of my old number, it's pointless keeping it when you think it's a personal hotline to annoy and harass me [...]
    Love this, Niddy!! Can't wait to shove it with the rest of the do-not-phone text in my next letter to Fredricksons -- once they actually write! They're up to about 22 calls/texts in the past week, and the automated computer voice that demands that you phone them sounds fashioned on the voiceover bloke from the god-awful 1970/80s Protect & Survive civil defence films ... enough to give me flashbacks to teenage Cold War paranoia!

Comment

LOL I've seen this letter quoting ICO a few times before. Whoever wrote the template cocked up and they haven't noticed yet after all this time. Eejits!

Well done Pip, great result!!!!

Comment

I've had the same letter saying exactly that from Moorcroft on 1 of my accounts. Makes our life easier they haven't noticed.

Comment

WOO HOO pip result
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Rather than playing them Zambezi
            Blimey! I remember this song -- but had no idea whatsoever the lyrics were talking about debt collector avoidance tactics!

Zambezi lyrics:
            Well if I have a whim
            I either sink or swim
            It never really seems to matter either way
            And if a bill comes in
            Just throw it in the bin
            Because I'm sure to get some more another day

Zambesi Zambesi Zambesi Zam I'm on me way
            Zambesi Zambesi Zambesi Zam

I ought to face life's complications
            But I haven't got the inclination
            And I never learned the hang of facing my responsibilities
            So when the bailiff comes
            Explain to him
            I haven't got a thing to give to him
            But if he wants to come and visit me

This is where I'll be

Well if my bank should phone
            Tell them I ain't at home
            Just say I packed my plastic bag
            And went away

As for the landlord's rent
            I spent it on a tent
            So if he's asking questions
            You'll know what to say

Here's another cracker by them that I was getting confused with Zambezi ...

Last edited by Pip; 20 February 2012, 13:00. Reason: added Zambezi lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
              Pip's account no. 7
              Sainsbury's
              Start date: June 2004
              Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £7,000
              Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
              Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
              Default notice issued Feb 2011.
              Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA request sent to Sainsbury's Bank (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)
              JAN CCA received-- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says
              JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter to Sainsbury's
              FEB Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott Payment not received // Failure to give attention to this will result in further action
              New letter received today ... I'm guessing it's an "ignore"?

Comment

Pip's account no. 1
                Capital One
                Start date: Feb 2005
                Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £4,000
                Default notice issued Sep 2010.
                Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA request sent to Capital One (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)
                JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says
                JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter
                JAN Letter from Capital One: IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ AND RESPOND TO THIS LETTER.
                We have not received agreed DMP payment. You may need to contact organisation administering DMP to ensure payment has been sent. If we do not receive payment we may pass account to a debt collection agency to recover full outstanding balance or may choose to sell the account to a debt purchaser. If DMP organisation are no longer acting on your behalf you need to contact us to discuss other options to repay the outstanding balance.
                FEB Epic four-page letter from Capital One: You have failed to state why you allege the Agreement is improperly executed // [Carey and McGuffick citations] // Your account is fully enforceable // This is my final response in relation to this matter // If proceedings were commenced by you [yeah, as if!] on the basis there is no valid agreement we would strongly defend this. // Account remains defaulted and balance remains fully due and owing. // Among other things, McGuffick established that a creditor's threatening legal action and bringing legal proceedings do not amount to enforcement.
                FEB Letter from Fredrickson International: Demand for payment on behalf of "our client"; "We are the agent/contact us, not Capital One"
                Just got this today:
                FEB Letter from Fredrickson: LETTER BEFORE ACTION -- Must be paid in full within 7 days otherwise we will take immediate action // blah list of court/solicitor fees // bailiff or sheriff office may be instructed if x, y, and z // payment accepted by x, y and CREDIT CARD ...
                They haven't however bought the debt. I will include Niddy's strongly worded paragraphs as advised to Pooks The Bear re. incessant and unrelenting phone calls and texts! Capital One responded to my "Missing Prescribed Terms" letter and they said that it would be their final response in relation to the matter ... With that in mind, wondering which actual letter to use though to respond to this phony-sounding "Letter Before Action" from Fred ..?

Comment

Just got this today:
                  FEB Letter from Fredrickson: LETTER BEFORE ACTION -- Must be paid in full within 7 days otherwise we will take immediate action // blah list of court/solicitor fees // bailiff or sheriff office may be instructed if x, y, and z // payment accepted by x, y and CREDIT CARD ...
                  They haven't however bought the debt. I will include Niddy's strongly worded paragraphs as advised to Pooks The Bear re. incessant and unrelenting phone calls and texts! Capital One responded to my "Missing Prescribed Terms" letter and they said that it would be their final response in relation to the matter ... With that in mind, wondering which actual letter to use though to respond to this phony-sounding "Letter Before Action" from Fred ..?
                  I Would send this.......>.......Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                    Thanks I2D! Off to the post office now. I had pleasure sending this and including Niddy's telephone harassment bits ...

Comment

First time I ever got a warm glow from a Moorcroft letter!
                      Really?

I got a warm glow from the first Moroncroft letter I ever received.

I used it to light a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Really?

I got a warm glow from the first Moroncroft letter I ever received.

I used it to light a fire.
                        OK I admit, that did make me laugh Cloggy!!
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Pip's account no. 3
                          Lloyds TSB
                          Start date: Jan 2004
                          Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £13,000
                          Default notice issued November 2010.

JAN CCA request letter sent to Lloyds TSB (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)
                          JAN Letter from B*L*S*** Collections saying payment plan is now in arrears [payment into DMP reduced in December]. "To avoid action, blah, make payment with debit or CREDIT CARD. Contact CAB or CCCS."
                          JAN Identical letter to one above from B*L*S*** Collections, dated/arriving one day later
                          JAN Reply to CCA request received from Lloyds TSB -- Niddy says !
                          JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter
                          JAN Letter from BLS Collections saying "It is essential that you telephone BLS Collections TODAY. " in capitals, bold AND underlined! [this is due to reduced payment they received last month. Payments have now stopped altogether]
                          JAN Letter from BLS Collections: "Repayment plan you agreed to is still overdue. We have previously reminded you about the money and you must pay the amount outstanding straight away. If you don't pay the outstanding amount to bring your account back on track within 10 days you will fall further into arrears etc./payment plan will be cancelled and full balance will be due. They're Lloyds TSB's inhouse DCA/letter printing machine -- do I need to respond to this? See also Lloyds TSB letter received below
                          JAN Letter from Lloyds TSB: By providing these copies, we satisfied our obligation under s.78. // At the moment we are unable to trace a copy of the signed application form therefore we are not in a position to provide a copy at this time.
                          FEB Letter from B*L*S*** Collections: Essential that you call BLS TODAY.
                          New letter today:
                          FEB Letter from B*L*S*** Collections: In arrears // Failure to contact may result in court proceedings, door-to-door collections agent
                          I'm guessing an appropriate response might be:
                          > Threat of Doorstep Visit letter, and
                          > Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Will wait for confirmation about things before going ahead with a letter as B*L*S is an in-house ("BLS Collections is a trading name of Lloyds TSB Bank plc") ...
                          Many thanks!

Comment

New letter today:
                            FEB Letter from B*L*S*** Collections: In arrears // Failure to contact may result in court proceedings, door-to-door collections agent
                            I'm guessing an appropriate response might be:
                            > Threat of Doorstep Visit letter, and
                            > Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Will wait for confirmation about things before going ahead with a letter as B*L*S is an in-house ("BLS Collections is a trading name of Lloyds TSB Bank plc") ...
                            Many thanks!
                            Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action....<.....I would send this along with the door step one

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                              Why letter confirming no CCA? didn't you send missing prescribed terms before as per your quote above? That means they must have sent something rather than a letter saying they couldn't find you agreement…
                              Lloyds did send a bunch of stuff back in response to the CCA request, but also said this:
                              At the moment we are unable to trace a copy of the signed application form therefore we are not in a position to provide a copy at this time.
                              Also Niddy did mention sending a "Letter Previously Confirming No CCA" if anyone hassles regarding this ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Pip's UE Diary.

However, it IS an in-house DCA so that might change matters. It might be worth sending a "no CCA" once it's bundled off to an external DCA so will follow I2D's advice re. this one!
                              Last edited by Pip; 23 February 2012, 17:18. Reason: meant DCA in places, not CCA!

Comment

Pip's account no. 4
                                MBNA
                                JAN CCA Request sent to MBNA (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)
                                JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says half and half
                                JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter to MBNA
                                JAN Letter received from MBNA saying "Balance sold to Britannica Recoveries S.á.r.l. Mortlake"; with letter in same envelope from "Moorgate Loan Servicing". The wording says "it's been purchased", but there is no Notice of Assignment ...
                                Didn't expect to hear from this lot again after they wrote and said they'd sold the account, but this came in today ....
                                FEB Letter from MBNA: Documents provided do comply with CCA requirements // As such, there is no need to seek an enforcement order in order to exercise our rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X