GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pip's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pip's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pip's UE Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    The point and purpose of a template is to confuse the reader
    Do they work better than referring the reader to some letter that was supposedly sent a fortnight previously and of which the DCA will not have a clue because no such letter was actually sent?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Do they work better than referring the reader to some letter that was supposedly sent a fortnight previously and of which the DCA will not have a clue because no such letter was actually sent?
      But on the odd occasion it ends up in court, with the recorded delivery proof - you'd win that fight!

Without it, there is no proof of postage thus your point would become hearsay
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Right so we have the first couple sorted - lets hope some of the others come back with better results....

Lloyds & Sainsbury (HBOS) =

Halifax Card (HBOS) =

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
          Pip's account no. 3
          Lloyds TSB

[extra bits snipped ...]

Jan Reply to CCA request received from Lloyds TSB Holding off on emailing it to Niddy until after his return. Even to my untrained eye it looks like a lot (or not very much) codswallop, a good chunk of it sanctimonious and hectoring ... Now emailed to Niddy(!) -- Niddy says !
          Jan Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter to Lloyds TSB

Jan Letter from BLS Collections saying "It is essential that you telephone BLS Collections TODAY. " in capitals, bold AND underlined! [this is due to reduced payment they received last month. Payments have now stopped altogether]

Wonder if I should send anything to BLS? That is, if it is actually possible to write to a set of robotic computer letter printing and posting machines ...

Comment

Ignore this Pip and see if they send anything really sensible. Keep the letter and the envelope marked up with the date it dropped through your letter box. But don't telephone them at all, everything in writing from now on.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Thanks G!

I don't think I've ever received anything from BLS that had even a whiff of human intervention ...

Comment

Always think the un-thought and by that I mean that garloks advice to date every threat letter as it comes though your door is most important to you.

Why? because should and should is a long way off and if indeed should it happen it builds a very strong case for harassment.

It probably will not even get that far, however always cover all avenues just in-case.

Regards

Comment

Pip's account no. 4
                  MBNA

Jan CCA Request sent to MBNA (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)

Jan CCA received -- emailed Niddy
                  Last edited by Pip; 19 January 2012, 14:20. Reason: stray square bracket ..!

Comment

sorry mate, not looking good....

Everything seems intact, that looks like a proper enforceable MBNA agreement - give me 5 whilst I pick myself up off the ground

Sorry, this is

Comment

Please email me pt's from the right hand side of page 2. I need a clear legible copy please (close up).

Let's try find fault within them yea?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        sorry mate, not looking good....

Everything seems intact, that looks like a proper enforceable MBNA agreement - give me 5 whilst I pick myself up off the ground

Sorry, this is
                        Wow! Speedy! Thanks!

I've only very recently stopped payment on all of these listed credit cards (i.e. stopped the DMP). I'm speculating somewhat here but I'm reckoning that sending token payments at this stage will be pointless and will have much the same effect of sending no payments -- apart from resetting the SB clock. I imagine I'd get just as much hassle right now from giving token payments than if I send nothing!

So ... perhaps I should just sit tight for now, see what letters arrive and then seek advice here as and when things come in?

Comment

Wow! Speedy! Thanks!

I've only very recently stopped payment on all of these listed credit cards (i.e. stopped the DMP). I'm speculating somewhat here but I'm reckoning that sending token payments at this stage will be pointless and will have much the same effect of sending no payments -- apart from resetting the SB clock. I imagine I'd get just as much hassle right now from giving token payments than if I send nothing!

So ... perhaps I should just sit tight for now, see what letters arrive and then seek advice here as and when things come in?

For now send this back to MBNA (blag it and see how far they wanna go) ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Comment

Well those terms are officially ilegible so yes, send the letter above.

Until they rectify things this is actually half enforceable and half unenforceable - as it's easy to remedy it is still a blag for the time being though

Comment

Pip's account no. 1
                              Capital One
                              Jan CCA received -- emailed Niddy --

Comment

Pip's account no. 2
                                Halifax

Jan CCA request letter sent direct to Halifax (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)

Jan Missed call (early morning weekend) and text from Moorcróft: Please contact us immediately on 0161 ... to discuss your overdue payment on account no. xxx. Another missed call from Moorcroft a few days later (evening)

Jan Moorcroft letter: Records show not paid Halifax full amount [did pay them something in Dec though]. Unless payment received by return of post, we may recommend to our clients that they instruct their solicitors to commence legal proceedings without further notice. Neither we nor client wish to take this step; call us on above no. and we would be happy to agree a repayment plan. Note: Moorcroft don't own this debt, they know payment has continued to go to Halifax, so why the hell bother paying the monkey (or indeed the organ grinder)...

Jan CCA received from HBOS directly -- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says and to wait for now to see what comes back from other lenders.
                                Peculiar update re. Moorcroft/Halifax:

Jan Rather cryptically, have received a letter and £1 cheque from Moorcroft: "Further to your request for a copy of your credit agreement, we regret that because of the age of this account our client is unable to produce a copy of your document given that the agreement is over 6 years old and to this end we therefore return the £1 payment [...] Notwithstanding this our clients believe the above balance remains due and payable and we therefore require immediate payment of this sum or realistic proposals for repayment. The Information Commissioner's Office has confirmed that whereas a debtor is not obliged to repay the account due to the provisions of the CCA, this does not mean that there was no enforceable agreement. Look forward to hearing from you within next 14 days with proposals for discharging this liability."

Comment

Working...
                                X