GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script benadabec UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

benadabec UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: benadabec UE Diary

And don't forget that you have a defence if they issue a summons, plus we have a brilliant lawyer on our side.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the reassuring advice. One thing I don't get though. What about the paperwork requested in the LBA? The agreement, the default and termination notices, notice of assignment and statements - if this goes back to HC would I request them again? Or are BC/RW making it worse for themselves by not supplying them?

Comment

I don't know for certain but I would hazard a guess that they're not doing themselves any favours by not supplying them when requested.

Worry about next time when and if there's a next time. You may just go into the "too difficult to bother with" pile
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          You may just go into the "too difficult to bother with" pile
          Let's hope so!

Comment

All my accounts should now be statute barred. My question, as I'm sure has been asked before, is when is it safe to check my credit score? I wanted to check to see when the defaults were registered/will come off but wanted to ask if it was a good idea - don't want to stir up unnecessary attention even if they are SB.
            Also, what is the usual time scale between being sent a default notice from an OC and when they are registered with the CRA?

Comment

a default issued by the oc, should be recorded with CRA's within 6 months of it being issued, BUT lots of them don't play ball,
              If you want to check whats on your file, some say leave well alone as it may trigger the printing machine back into action,
              The choice is yours x

Comment

Originally posted by benadabec View Post
                All my accounts should now be statute barred. My question, as I'm sure has been asked before, is when is it safe to check my credit score? I wanted to check to see when the defaults were registered/will come off but wanted to ask if it was a good idea - don't want to stir up unnecessary attention even if they are SB.
                Also, what is the usual time scale between being sent a default notice from an OC and when they are registered with the CRA?
                Hi,
                My accounts are SB on payments but still have a couple of defaults showing, I have checked my credit file on Noddle for a few years now and it hasnt woken any DCA but you never know.
                Helmsman.

Comment

• So two and a half years after the last correspondence from anyone and the same amount of time since the last of my accounts became statute barred, Robinson Way (HFUKH1L [ex Barclaycard] account) have been in touch out of the blue and written to me asking for payments and that they will continue to contact me until I get in touch to set up a payment plan.
                  Quite surprised at the letter I received, I thought I'd ask - do I ignore or do I nip it in the bud and send off a Statute Barred letter?
                  Last edited by benadabec; 27 July 2019, 13:30.

Comment

• RW, how delightful of them to let you know, your not forgotten,
                    they may have a few new personell and put them on back files, to get them up to speed on, " how to look stupid" or " let's give this a go",

RW don't look at anything they may have on file ,just see what is owed and try their luck.

They have 2 of mine, both SB, both UE when passed to them, I have just ignored them and filed away the letters, must be spending more on staff, time, ink, paper and postage then they are trying to get out of me,
                    They even sent a "visitor" to help me reconnect , I told him to go away and check the dates,
                    they didn't, so still keep intouch,

I would ignore, unless they get threatening, try to ignore the phone, they like the phone,

Comment

• They are a desperate annual return company whose income must be going down as they only use drawer 1-2-3-4-5- drawers to send copies of threatograms without effort as their desk jockey have no brains to check files for relevant up to date details ( we call it the monkey house excuse the pun real monkeys))

Comment

• Thanks for your input. I shall ignore and see how regularly they get in contact. I suppose I thought I'd heard the last from these jokers but I guess they're always there, lurking in the shadows.

Comment

Working...
                        X