GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script benadabec UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

benadabec UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: benadabec UE Diary

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    I would never ignore The Lewis Group because they're hand-in-glove with Howard Cohen solicitors (in the same office building sharing notepaper) who have been known to issue proceedings after only a couple of letters. I got hit that way and so have others on this site. I don't want to scare you but if it was me I'd answer the letter even if you only say "send me more information please" . But best to wait for a mod to advise in case silence is the way to go
    I also agree was issued proceedings within 2 weeks.
    PS it was an enforceable debt.
    Last edited by helmsman; 1 November 2011, 10:26.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
      Could you check with CRAs to check if a default is registered against your overdraft even if you haven't received a DN?
      Ditto this, I have a default registered on my credit report from my Lloydstsb overdraft but have never received a default notice. Not sure why not as I am good at filing my paperwork - not that I am saying they did not send one of course, must have got lost in the post
      -
      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        I would never ignore The Lewis Group because they're hand-in-glove with Howard Cohen solicitors (in the same office building sharing notepaper) who have been known to issue proceedings after only a couple of letters. I got hit that way and so have others on this site. I don't want to scare you but if it was me I'd answer the letter even if you only say "send me more information please" . But best to wait for a mod to advise in case silence is the way to go
        I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to scare bendabec. That's why I asked if they could check if there was a default registered with CRAs as Niddy says they can't take legal action if one hasn't been registered.

My experience with Lewis Group/Howard Cohen was for an enforceable credit card debt - one letter from each and then ccj claim form from Northampton.

So definitely do not ignore.

Hopefully, Niddy will be along to help soon but in the meantime, check the CRAs.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by benadabec View Post
          My Barclays overdraft has finally been passed on to a DCA - The Lewis Group. They have written to me asking for full payment by 6th November or they may take further action.

Now, in July Barclays sent me a letter saying the next thing I will receive will be a termination of account. A few weeks later at the beginning of August, I recieved a final notice stating that this letter followed the termination letter. I received this exact same final notice at the end of August but have not received either a termination letter nor a default. Niddy explained that they can't take action on a live account, but can Barclays issue a default without notifying me? Would it be best to ignore for the time being?
          What is the OD balance?

In any case, wait for now - don't respond, see what they plan on doing next yea? Don't worry about the CRA's - they need to send a letter before action, is this letter one of those, ie specifically entitled Pre-Action Notice or similar?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The O/D balance is now (after Barclays continually piled on fees) £1337.

Just did a credit report with Experian and the latest update from Barclays regarding the acccount was done on 9th October 2011. It hasn't been defaulted, it just says '2 payments late' in a nice shade of warning orange. I have all the defaults present from my unenforceable CC's, so assume this is all correct.

The letter from Lewis Group has no header, just goes into a "we have been instructed by our client" spiel. It does say however, "as your account is in default, you must pay the full amount immediately". But unless I'm reading the credit report wrong, there is no default and I have received no termination of account or default letter.

Comment

The O/D balance is now (after Barclays continually piled on fees) £1337.

Just did a credit report with Experian and the latest update from Barclays regarding the acccount was done on 9th October 2011. It hasn't been defaulted, it just says '2 payments late' in a nice shade of warning orange. I have all the defaults present from my unenforceable CC's, so assume this is all correct.

The letter from Lewis Group has no header, just goes into a "we have been instructed by our client" spiel. It does say however, "as your account is in default, you must pay the full amount immediately". But unless I'm reading the credit report wrong, there is no default and I have received no termination of account or default letter.
              Ahh, your account IS in default, yes, as you've defaulted the agreement however do not confuse this with being defaulted, in line with s.87 & s.88 of CCA1974. Biiiig difference, respond with this - see what that does for now: ---> Template letter here
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy for the prompt response.

With regard to the letter you advised me to send (CCA query missing prescribed terms), that states I requested a true copy of the executed agreement and was sent a document that doesn't comply with the CCA. What document do I attach? I didn't think the CCA route worked with overdrafts.

Sorry if I'm being stupid here!

Comment

Its blagging, I know it's not relevant and neither did you perform any of the actions mentioned - however it's to confuse and buy you time

Comment

Oh I get it! It even had me confused! Would I send any correspondence with it?

Comment

Oh I get it! It even had me confused! Would I send any correspondence with it?
                      yea, an envelope and stamp

No! Just the template!

Comment

Thanks mate. I was getting a bit confused as well here LOL

Garlok

Comment

Muchos thanks Niddy. Will see what that does and what happens next

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                            Thanks mate. I was getting a bit confused as well here LOL

Garlok
                            haha - sorry, should have said.... usually that will prompt legal people to refer back to the client, ie buys time.....

I say usually, but no promises...

Comment

Good thinking Batman!

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Lewis Group back with a letter as of yesterday, saying account still not settled or arrangements to pay not made. If I fail to pay by 17th Nov, their 'instructions are to continue with further recovery action against you. Please deal with this matter immediately'.

So no reference to the CCA missing prescribed terms letter I sent them last week. This hasn't escalated to pre-action notice yet but what to do now with these aholes?

Comment

Working...
                                X